- Pokemon Emerald FAQ
- Q: What are you trying to do?
- A: Beat Pokemon Emerald as quickly as possible without using glitches.
- Q: What are you playing on?
- A: An emulator called VisualBoyAdvance-M.
- Q: Why play on emulator?
- A: Because it is more convenient to set up and it is easier to practice on, and I am still learning this game. Also, it makes no difference in the final in-game time, which is what this speed runs of this game are judged by. However, only console runs can be considered world record, and I'll be switching to console once I believe I know the game well enough to get world record.
- Q: What is the world record?
- A: 2:42:55 by roushmore917.
- Q: What is the best time?
- Q: 2:41:32 by Vincento341.
- Q: What Pokemon do you use in this run?
- A: I use Mudkip as my main Pokemon until I catch Rayquaza, which I use for the Elite Four. I catch Abra for Teleport, Poochyena for Rock Smash and Taillow/Swablu for Fly. I also receive Castform for free and use it in several double battles.
- Q: Why choose the girl?
- A: It makes the second rival fight much easier. The boy leads with Slugma, which generally will only stall you with Yawn, and the girl leads with Wingull, which can use Growl or Supersonic, both of which can end the run.
- Q: Why are you resetting?
- A: Probably because my Mudkip's stats are bad or I died.
- Q: What stats are you looking for?
- A: At minimum, 13 Attack, 10 Special Attack and 9 Speed at Lv. 5. Perfect stats are 14 Attack, 11 Special Attack and 10 Speed with a Naughty nature. I will run about 20 percent of Mudkips.
- Q: Why are stats so important?
- A: Bad stats cause me to die in important fights. Good stats allow me to hit damage ranges that save a lot of time.
Pokemon Emerald FAQ
Exarion Nov 26th, 2014 (edited) 518 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data