a guest Dec 7th, 2017 52 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- DREP: Silvercorp, Deer team up to compel anonymous accusers to identify themselves
- 08:57 Silvercorp, Deer team up to compel anonymous accusers to identify themselves
- Silvercorp Metals (NYSE:SVM) and Deer Consumer Products (NASDAQ:DEER), two companies operating in China that have been accused of fraudulent activities by anonymous short-sellers, have teamed up to compel their accusers to identify themselves, reported the Globe and Mail on 21 September.
- Silvercorp CEO Rui Feng said in an item from the newspaper's Report on Business section that lawyers from the two companies are working together and that the two companies will jointly launch a lawsuit aimed at subpoenaing those behind the allegations.
- Meanwhile, the report noted that Deer has already initiated its own legal action against Alfred Little, a research firm that has launched some damaging allegations. Last month, the New York Supreme Court gave Deer permission to serve the research firm with a complaint and summons. According to the report, Silvercorp, which has refuted allegations of wrongdoing in the Alfred Little reports, is contemplating pursuing its own legal action.
- Source The Globe and Mail
- Target Silvercorp Metals Inc. (SVM) DS Int.
- Other Royce & Associates, LLC Int.
- Other Renaissance Technologies Int.
- Other (Canada - British Columbia region) Int.
- Other Van Eck Global Int.
- Other Deer Consumer Products Int.
- Other Rui Feng Int.
- Intel. Grade Confirmed
- Countries Canada
- Sectors Mining
- Intel. ID 1234556
RAW Paste Data