- SERBIA/CROATIA/SLOVENIA 15/11/2015 Sunday 23:30 evening
- GENERAL: 6800 refugees crossed the border between Greece and Macedonia. Situation improving in Preševo. After the attacks in Paris it might be more difficult for the foreign volunteers to help in Serbia and Croatia, we will get more information on this in the coming days.
- Managing a crowd - useful guide and lessons learned in working with refugees at Balkan route http://www.pomocuprchlikum.cz/managing-a-crowd.html
- Follow http://www.refugeemap.com for detailed info (but be careful about the last updated date, compare info with this update).
- PREŠEVO - Situation improiving, cca 5000 refugees arrived today. Cca 1000 waiting in the queue in the evening. Boots, socks, jackets, blankets needed. Financial help needed to arrange the food for refugees. Good amount of volunteers outside the camp. Enough volunteers on site, stay tuned - changes in registration and security planned after Paris, conditions for volunteers might change.
- Contact UVP - United Volunteers of Preševo: Jessica Collins - Tel. +381 62 1499 561.
- For Miratovac - please contact Xhelal Hasani from the Center of Solidarity and Advancement - Tel. +381 633 74 034, email@example.com. PLEASE if you can, send money to these organizations, they do great job and thousands of refugees depend on them.
- BUJANOVAC - should be empty as the decision was supposedly taken by the police not to send refugees there anymore.
- ŠID (train station) - Situation similar to previous days. Buses and trains bring refugees here from Presevo, train brings refugees also from Beograd. Refugees stay just half an hour at the train station, buses are stopped earlier (on higway close to Adaševci) and refugees wait in the bus (sometimes up to 6 hours) until the next train is ready. Serbian side has got capacity up to 2-3000 people in Principovac and other places around Šid in case the trains are not able to transport all refugees. Czech team is the only one allowed to help in Adaševci, possibilities to help are improving, we give information, hand out water and some basic clothes too. There is enough volunteers until Tuesday now.
- SLAVONSKI BROD - 7350 reguees entered Croatia so far today, cca 2000 refugees reported inside camp now. Trains come here from Šid, refugees spend 5-6 hours and leave for Slovenia fluently. Refugees already coming to the camp, but situation calm, registration and trains and buses to Dobova fluent. Volunteers welcome - accreditation required and more in-depth security checks especially for foreign volunteers in place now - contact Maja Znika on FB or number below before you come! Contact: +385-99-5021-926. Also - no material aid needed now!
- DIMITROVGRAD - Refugees: several hundreds come daily, more families arriving in the last days. Needs: shoes, jackets, gloves, hats, socks. Medical help would be appreciated. Volunteers - 12 volunteers currently on site, including 5 from the Czech team. 3 shifts daily, new volunteers welcome since Thursday - ideally to stay 1 full week. Contact: new coordinator Tarek on site +381 628954577
- BEOGRAD - Refugees here have the option to go to the Asylum Center at Krnjača, where they have access to hot meals, showers and a place to rest. From Belgrade, they can take the bus to Šid.
- At "Miksaliste" Volunteers are still NEEDED. Join us distributing clothing, shoes, food and hygienic items and creating a welcoming atmosphere for the stop-over in Belgrade. They're still accepting and also redistributing donations to border points, which requires help in sorting and packing. Find out more and please register at Volunteer Spot http://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/4179297180119 to see what is needed there and to sign up for timeslots.
- DOBOVA - Still high number of refugees enter Slovenia, 1000 in Dobova camp at 6 pm. Slovenian police is in control of the area, with ADRA and Caritas as head NGO's on the spot. Several thousand people cross Dobova Train Station per normal day. All of them are boarding directly on trains going to the Austrian border (Sentilj/Spielfeld) after spending a couple of hours there with the registration procedure. Hungarian volunteers also on site, they are asking for small size fruit yogurts, oranges, small size juice and milk with straws, croissants, candy and lollipops, bubble makers.
- SPIELFELD/SENTILJ - 3800 refugees had to stay overnight in Sentilj camp but were dispatched to Austria during the day. "Are you syrious" confirms that there is no need of volunteers in the no man´s land. Slovenian and Austrian authorities have coordinated their efforts and there is no delay now in this area.
- Sentilj volunteers may also sign up with Slovenska Filantropija through their online form (http://www.filantropija.org/prijave/pomoc-na-terenu/), currently they need volunteers in Vrhnika. Volunteers welcome in Spielfeld, but only have access if registered with the Red Cross (Team Österreich) https://www.teamoesterreich.at/cv/tomReg.jsf - See timetable to register for a shift here: https://helfen.st.roteskreuz.at/. For donations, please check this FB site: https://www.facebook.com/RefugeesSpielfeld/
- OTHER NEWS
- - If you have enough time and sources to travel to Lesvos, Greece (or other islands) do that. Volunteers are saving lives from sea and helping out in the camps - Moria and Kara Tepe. Read this volunteering guide to Lesvos: http://bit.ly/lesvolunteer.
- - Situation in Macedonia is tough to monitor, but official NGO's helping. Independent volunteers NOT able to help, accreditation with official NGO necessary!
- - Large amounts of supplies could be picked up in Zagreb, please call Lejla +385 91 456 77 05 if you are able to bring any supplies from Zagreb to any of the borders.
- - and don't forget to act: http://www.europeact.eu
SERBIA/CROATIA/SLOVENIA 15/11/2015 Sunday 23:30 evening
michalberg Nov 15th, 2015 494 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data