- The following is a proposal expected to be brought before the Occupy Oakland General Assembly on Wednesday night. The authors of the proposal are members of the Block By Block Organizing Network, which is a group formed by key members of Mayor Quan's campaign team shortly after she won the Mayor's race.
- ANTI-VIOLENCE PROPOSAL:
- WHEREAS, OCCUPY OAKLAND SEEKS TO EXPAND THE OCCUPY MOVEMENT TO EFFECTIVELY DEMAND THAT THE 1% PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE AND THAT OUR SOCIETY MEET THE NEEDS OF THE 99%;
- WHEREAS, TO THAT END OCCUPY OAKLAND HAS INVITED FAMILIES, CHILDREN, THE DISABLED, ELDERLY AND ALL OTHER SECTORS OF THE 99% TO OCCUPY OAKLAND EVENTS;
- WHEREAS, PHYSICAL ATTACKS AGAINST PERSONS AND PROPERTY ENDANGER THE SAFETY OF THESE PERSONS AND LIMITS PARTICIPATION IN THE OCCUPY MOVEMENT;
- WHEREAS, SUCH ATTACKS ARE CONDONED BY NEITHER THE MAJORITY OF OCCUPY MOVEMENT PARTICIPANTS NOR THE VAST MAJORITY OF THE 99%;
- THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED THAT THOSE WHO LAUNCH PHYSICAL ATTACKS ON PEOPLE OR PROPERTY ARE NOT WELCOME TO DO SO AT OR NEAR OCCUPY OAKLAND EVENTS AND ENCAMPMENT.
GonzOakland Nov 8th, 2011 790 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data