- Using recovery partition
- How to factory-reset your system by using PC Restore.
- Observe that all the data on the harddrive will be erased when you perform a PC Restore. Backup all important data before using this tool.
- 1. Start the computer.
- 2. Press on the keyboard during the startup process until you see the "Windows Advanced Options" menu on the screen.
- 3. Press the key to select "Repair Your Computer" and press . The System Recovery Options window appears.
- 4. Select your language and click "Next".
- 5. Log in as a user with administrative rights and click "OK".
- 6. Choose Dell Factory Image Restore.The Dell Factory Image Restore window
- 7. Click Next.
- 8. Choose "Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to
- factory condition".
- 9. Click "Next".
- 10. The factory software image is now written to your hard drive. Click "Finish" to restart the computer.
- Using restore DVD (note this DVD doesn't contain any drivers and there is a certain sequence you have to install the drivers, otherwise it doesn't work)
- WINDOWS VISTA INSTALLATION GUIDE
- Observe that all the data on the harddrive will be erased when you perform a Vista installation. Backup all important data before starting the installation.
- If your system is bought with the function "Dell Media Direct 3", start by preparing the system for the usage. You do as follows:
- 1: Start the computer and press when the Dellogo appears on the screen. Insert the Dell Media Direct media into the optical drive.
- 2: Choose to boot to "CD" and press . Press any key on the keyboard to confirm your choice.
- 3: Choose <1> in order to make a single C-partition of all the available space on the hard drive.
- 4: Choose to approve that all data will be lost. Replace the Media Direct-CD with the Vista installation-DVD.
- 5: Now start the Vista installation. Remember to install the operating system on partition C:
- If you have the DVD with system drivers (Resource DVD).
- 6: Start the Windows Vista installation.
- 7: When asked for the destination for the Vista installation, click on "Load drivers".
- 8: Insert the Dell Resource DVD, and install the Intel Matrix Storage Manager Driver.
- 9: Insert the Windows Vista DVD and continue the installation.
- If you don´t have the Resource DVD with drivers.
- 6: Go to Dell Drivers and Downloads web site and download the Intel Matrix Storage Manager Driver.
- 7: Extract the file to a USB memory key, or extract them and burn them to a CD.
- 8: Start the Windows Vista installation.
- 9: When asked for the destination for the Vista installation, click on "Load drivers".
- 10: Plug in the USB memory key, or insert the CD, and install the Intel Matrix Storage Manager Driver.
- 11: Continue the installation of Windows. If you have installed the drivers from CD, insert the Windows Vista DVD and continue the installation.
- 12: After the installation of the Microsoft® Windows Vista™ operating system, you must install the following drivers/ software packages. It´s important that they are installed in the following order. Reboot the system between installations.
- Dell™ Notebook System Software
- Intel® Mobile Chipset Driver
- Mobile Intel® GMA X3100 Video Controller
- Ricoh® Media Card Reader Driver
- Intel Flash Cache Logic Chip (Intel Turbo Memory)
- Marvell® Yukon 88E8055 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller
- Wireless driver (if applicable)
- IDT® STAC 9205 Audio Driver
- MDC driver
- Dell Touch Pad Driver
- Bluetooth® driver and stack
- 13: When the installation is finished, insert the Dell Media Direct CD in the optical drive. If it doesn´t autostart automatically you can start in manually from X:\DellKit\DellKit.exe
- 14: Press to start the installation.
- 15: When the installation is finished, press and remove the Dell Media Direct CD. Shut down the system and try to start it by pressing the Media Direct-button.
a guest Jan 5th, 2012 84 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data