PreQue revised combat system
a guest Jan 5th, 2016 9 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Characters have 2d6 for attack and defense.
- Attacker's turn:
- Rolls a 6
- Rolls a 7.
- The defender either dodges or parries.
- Damage roll
- A higher roll than the defender deals 1d6+the roll difference.
- If the attacker rolls twice as high as the defender, he scores a critical hit. Crits deal 1d6+ roll difference damage and double the result.
- If the defender rolls twice as high as the attacker, he gets a counter. He takes no damage, instead the attacker is hit for 1d6+roll difference damage.
- If it ever happens that the attacker rolls 12+ and the defender snake eyes, there is a crushing blow.
- Crushing blow follows the same damage calculation, but triples the result.
- If you have combat training, you are able to add a +1 to your attack or defensive rolls.
- Stronger hits can happen if you are an earth pony using hoof-to-hoof combat. In which case, a +2 will be added to the damage roll.
- Foals get -2 to damage rolls, as they are not fully grown.
- Depending on how good a pony's vision is, they may be more accurate.
- Earth ponies and zebras have 40 HP.
- Gryphons have 30 HP.
- Pegasi, unicorns, and changelings have 25 HP.
- There is defense and magic defense.
- The defense subtracts from the result of the opponent's damage roll, lessening the damage.
- Physical- No side effect unless stated otherwise.
- Magic- No side effect unless stated otherwise.
- Fire- Causes burning status, which deals 1 point of damage per turn until the fire is extinguished or the status ends.
- Ice- Lowers initiative.
- Lightning- Causes stun, which makes you unable to act. A roll against a stun has the defender rolling a 0. Deals more damage when the foe is wet.
- Water- Can knock the foe down, making them easier to hit. Makes them wet, leaving them vulnerable to lightning.
- Wind- Can knock the foe down, making them easier to hit.
- Earth- Can cause the bleed status, which keeps dealing damage until the wound is healed or the pony dies.
- Light- Blinds the target, resulting in high roll penalties.
- Poison- Causes high DOT, but lasts only shortly.
- Dark- No side effect.
- 1) Immune: No damage at all
- 2) Resistant: Damage is halved.
- 3) Normal: Basic damage
- 4: Vulnerable: +25% to +100% damage.
- Example- A timberwolf is made of wood and has a +100% vulnerability to fire, but is resistant to wind, water and immune to earth.
RAW Paste Data