Joe DiGenova MOAB
a guest Apr 24th, 2019 66 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Huckabee: '''Bob Woodard is saying this was the work of John Brennan:'''
- '''Joe DiGenova:'''
- "Well there is no doubt. This is pretty simple stuff for career prosecutors like Rudy and myself. It has been evident from day one there was a brazen plot to exonerate Hillary illegally and then if she lost the election to frame Donald Trump. This dossier was a knowing part of that. It was created by Hillary Clinton. It was created knowingly by John Brenna as part of a scheme to do everything they could to harm Donald Trump. The problem for Brennan and Clapper and Comey and Baker and all of them now is that the FISA court has already communicated with DOJ about its findings. And their findings are that for four years before the election of Donald Trump there was an illegal spying operation going on by FBI contractors, 4 of them, to steal personal information, electronic information about Americans and to use it against the Republican Party. There are going to be indictments. There are going to be Grand Juries. John Brennan isn't going to need one lawyer, he's going to need five."
- Huckabee: '''Are we going to get to the bottom of this:'''
- '''Robert Wray:'''
- "The start of getting to the bottom of it is going to be, as expected, the release of the Inspector General, Michael Horowitz's report, sometime, I think the Attorney General indicated, in May or June of this year. I think that will have to happen first before the Attorney General then conducts the investigation that he has indicated in testimony before the Congress that he intends to conduct. So, yes governor I do think eventually we'll get to the bottom of this and, I think, to put sort of a bow on this so that its clear to the American people why they should care. This is an instance, an example, which is dangerous in a democracy when the full powers of the United States Government are mixed up with politics in order to affect an election. That ought to be something that is equally of concern to a 22 month investigation to determine whether or not there was collusion between Russian government officials and the Trump campaign and the candidate. This is something of course that has been completely passed over while the country has been occupied for the last two years with one investigation. And I'm not necessarily suggesting that a Special Counsel is necessary in order to get to the bottom of it. I think the Justice Department is fully capable of looking at this and I, frankly, trust Bill Barr and he knows both the Intelligence Community and Justice Department enough to know what is going to be necessary to get to find out what the truth this."
- Huckabee: '''Why aren't Civil Libertarians in an uproar:'''
- Rudy Giuliani:
- "Because they have an absolutely one-sided view of it, the Times and the Post. The story of that corruption has been out there for several years. They covered it, they just really don't want to go into detail on it. I think the investigation is going to be very very intense. I agree that Attorney General Barr is exactly the right guy to do it. He's got a great sense of justice. And there's nobody that knows much more about the FISA court that Joe DiGenova who was one of the original lawyers on the FISA court. What they did with this court is an outrage and it's got to be corrected because we all can be invaded like this."
- Huckabee: '''Why does it matter to the average American:'''
- '''Joe DiGenova:'''
- "Because it's about the rule of law and privacy. The Obama administration for more than four years before the 2016 election allowed four contractors working for the FBI to illegally surveil American citizens. Illegally. The FISA court has already found that. By the way, Robert Wray mentioned that there is the Horowitz report is coming out in May or possibly early June. There is another report that everybody has forgotten about involving James Comey alone. That will be out in two weeks. That report is going to be a bombshell. It's going to open up the investigation on a very high note and there will be criminal referrals in it. The FISA Court abuse is the center of this entire abuse of govermental power. The Chief Judge of that court has already ruled that the FBI broke the law and the people at the head of the Justice Department, Sally Yates, John Carlin the Asst AG for National Security all knew about it and lied to the court, the FISA court about it."
- Huckabee: '''Would you tell them to lawyer up:'''
- '''Robert Wray:'''
- "Not to be funny about it but that is an understatement. The core of this Joe is absolutely right. What I want to know is who at the Justice Department knew about what disclosures were going to be made to the FISA court. And who specifically withheld information. Because they did know about the origins and the derivation of the Steele dossier. How come the political connection to the Clinton campaign wasn't disclosed at least in a footnote in the FISA application. Now there were people at the Justice Department who knew about that. I think the point of the investigation: who knew it, when did they know it, and why didn't that information make it into the FISA application that was delivered to the court. Because you know look we all recognize now with the benefit of hindsight that is kind of an rather important thing to have known. And I will say in addition to all that, one of the things also separate and apart from prosecutions. There's a real question here about procedures within the IC and the FBI, the Justice Department, about how to deal with Presidential Campaigns when this sort of thing happens. And frankly what I saw at least initially from the Mueller report is that there was an awful lot of leveraging going on by the Justice Department, the intelligence Community, of Donald Trump in the period after the election and when he first took office that frankly the President is right should never happen to another President again."
- Huckabee: '''Last word:'''
- '''Joe DiGenova:'''
- "There a hero in this entire story. And it's not a lawyer. All the bad people in this story are lawyers. There's a hero. His name is Admiral Mike Rogers. He was the head of the NSA. He discovered the illegal spying. He went personally to the FISA court and briefed the Chief Judge and worked with her for months to uncover the people who did it. The FISA court has already been told and has already told the DOJ who lied to that court and that has been given to Bill Barr already."
- '''If the President can be walked over, you're not safe:'''
- '''Rudy Giuliani:'''
- "Joe and I have looked at 100 FISA applications at different times. And the reality is that you take this very seriously because they can't be contested on the other side. If you read the Steele Dossier, which I've done, and you don't figure out in two pages that it's a piece of phony crap, you don't belong being an investigator. And I'd like to ask Jim Comey when he said it was unverified after having it for five months, 'Why didn't you verify it?'. You could've checked whether Cohen was in Prague on a specific date. All you had to do was call the passport office and you would've found out he's never been in Prague. You could've found out that Steele hadn't been in Russia for seven years. He didn't bother to find that out. We call that being grossly negligent. Remember who else was grossly negligent. The one he let off the hook for obstruction of justice. So I think Jim Comey has a lot to answer for because you just don't sign those things cavalierly and you could not have read that as a trained professional and not become extremely suspicious. It reads like a lurid silly novel."
RAW Paste Data