- Most of you will know that about a year ago a piece of me died because the government wasn't able to understand the difference between the maker of a tool and people which use it for their own purpose. I created a tool but never killed nor harmed anyone and I never intended to make a profit from it. I won't try to explain the analogy of the gun maker and the killer who uses the gun in anger and kills another but it's certainly a valid analogy. Generally, it seems that it is always easier to catch the brain and leave the beast alone.
- At this moment in time all this is already an old story. I have spent thousands of dollars during the last year alone. This was used for buying domains, server hosting – I was in need of powerful hosting because of the ever growing amount of downloads – and I nearly spent all my spare time coding. Personally I do not regret all of this and would have done it again if I had the chance. But I would have done it differently. It’s all a thing of the past now and it is too late to change the past.
- Today I am writing this message to officially announce the end of ‘DarkCoderSc’ as a character. I have take a long time to reflect on what to do with my future and finally decided to retire from malware research and the coding scene. Yes, I did not contribute anything for quite a while now, my main project was already shut down entirely and I lost all motivation to continue. I don’t want to live with the fear of being arrested, even if my intentions were good.
- Since my arrival on the malware scene I have been fortunate enough to make a lot of friends and even managed to make a few enemies. Looking back, it was a great pleasure to work with you and we have had many a good moment together. Without your support I would never have found the motivation to continue to try to make my projects better. Thank you for the chance of meeting great people.
- For the time being, my Twitter and Facebook accounts will remain open for people who have the need to browse through some of my old stories. I will not post anything new in these accounts and eventually the accounts will be terminated. Also, all my old domains that are associated with ‘DarkCoderSc’ will remain active to avoid the creation of fake mirror websites. These websites are unremote.org, darkcomet-rat.com, synsecurity.net. Furthermore DarkComet Legacy will remain downloadable indefinitely, even if it is not very useful anymore. It is only because of this program fans are still able to browse the website for the functions of this tool.
- It is with great sorrow and difficulty that I have also decided to leave the awesome community of TrojanForge.com. Their admins are really good guys and I'm sure they will tirelessly continue to keep this place awesome and "fedsless". I don't know how many times since ‘they’ were trying to take control of everything, but I hope the admins will keep fighting fight against that and be sufficiently smart to avoid getting SE by those manipulators.
- As of now, I will cease to answer to any questions regarding my former life via chat, mails, etc. This letter is all I have to say.
- I also will not connect to Skype, MSN, gTalk, etc, anymore and will probably close these accounts in the near future.
- Love you all, thank you for the great past together and I wish you the very best for the future!
- DarkCoderSc 2006-2013
a guest Jun 27th, 2013 4,699 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data