- I want to move my podcast from its current feed URL to my podcast account on Soundcloud.
- I have asked the question below to both iTunes support and Soundcloud support but have so far not got a solution.
- I am trying to understand the Apple iTunes instructions here re changing a feed url without losing current subscribers:
- If possible, you should do two things:
- 1) You should use the <itunes:new-feed-url> tag...
- 2) You should set your web server to return an HTTP 301 response and redirect
- when receiving a request for the old feed.
- So the instructions seem to say add a <itunes:new-feed-url> tag to the old url and also put a 301 redirect on the old URL.
- In its normal meaning, a 301 redirect means that any content on the old url (such as the <itunes:new-feed-url> tag) would be ignored.
- So how can the <itunes:new-feed-url> tag on the old feed URL be effective when there is a 301 redirect on the same URL?
301 / iTunes / Soundcloud
Juc1 Aug 12th, 2014 240 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data