- I would suggest that you always use the current pronoun, even when you are talking about the person's past. For example:
- "Chelsea Manning entered the Air Force after she graduated from Harvard." (I made this up.)
- Some journalists were questioning how to talk about Chelsea Manning coming out as a gay man before her transition, when she was Bradley Manning. I would write it this way: "Chelsea Manning came out as a gay man in 1995 when she was living as Bradley."
- I don't think that there is any situation that you can't get around. If you do come across a situation where you can't figure out how to word something, e-mail me. I can give you a suggestion. It might be a little different in Spanish with regard to how you would word a sentence, but the same rules apply, and I think you can get around it regardless of what language it is written in.
- Thanks much for contacting me. Good luck!
a guest Aug 31st, 2013 52 Never
RAW Paste Data