Decred Foundational Messaging
Dustorf Jan 29th, 2019 290 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Decred Foundational Messaging
- This messaging document is the backbone of all communications, including external marketing content (e.g., web copy, press releases, etc) and internal correspondence. It can be expanded, contracted, or tailored as needed.
- Decred aims to reach a wide array of discrete audiences, from Bitcoin maximalists to Futurists. For high-level messaging purposes, these audiences can be grouped under three umbrellas:
- * Technical audience: Developers, members of the Decred community, and people who are familiar with the technical nuances of blockchain technology.
- * Investor audience: Individual and institutional investors who either already invest in or are interested in investing in cryptocurrency.
- * Mainstream audience: Newbies to crypto and blockchain who are frustrated with the status quo of the current financial system, rentiers, and third-party intermediaries, and are interested in the promise of crypto and blockchain.
- WHAT IS DECRED?
- Decred is a community-directed digital currency designed to be a superior store of value for generations to come.
- * Its hybrid PoW+PoS consensus mechanism, transparent proposal and voting system, and continually funded treasury, make it secure, adaptable, and self-sustaining.
- * Decred stakeholders collectively determine the policy, development plan, budget, changes to the consensus rules, and they approve the miners’ work.
- * Each block reward compensates miners, stakeholders, and the project Treasury (that pays contractors who work on Decred).
- Decred: Secure. Adaptable. Self-Funding.
- VISION STATEMENT
- This is an aspirational description of what Decred aims to achieve in the long-term.
- Decred’s vision is to build a self-directed, decentralized future ruled by the collective intelligence of the community. It will be built upon the pillars of sovereignty, transparency, inclusivity, privacy, and security. Everyone can vote on the rules and project-level decision making proportionately to their stake, yielding decisions and policies in the best interest of all — not just a select few.
- MISSION STATEMENT
- This is a short description of what Decred aims to achieve in the short- and medium-term.
- Decred aims to be a self-funded and self-directed digital currency whose security and adaptability make it a superior store of value.
- POSITIONING STATEMENTS
- How Decred is distinct from its competitors for each audience
- Technical Audience
- Decred is designed to provide developers and community members with the most secure and adaptable digital currency. It does so through on- and off-chain governance systems that leverage multi-stakeholder inclusivity to make collective decisions on consensus changes, block approval, budget, policy and the development plan. Decred’s self-sustaining (10% of all block rewards go into the Treasury), flexible contractor model allow for contributors to join Decred at any time to work on open-source projects they find most interesting and fulfilling.
- Investor Audience
- Decred is a digital currency designed to be a superior store of value. The hybrid PoW+PoS consensus system provides an additional layer of network security, while stakeholders control budget and policy to make the currency more adaptable. With ten percent of each block reward going to the project Treasury, Decred is completely self-funded. This financial model reduces conflicts of interest and enables ongoing development powered by a unique contractor model that allows contributors to receive payment for work they find interesting. Together these systems provide solid protection against value-loss events like chain splits and hard forks, giving Decred the resilience to stand the test of time.
- Mainstream Audience
- Decred is a community-directed digital currency designed to deliver a truly decentralized alternative to traditional money. In the current system, a centralized authority such as a bank or government holds the power. With Decred, the community members own and operate the system, make the rules, and determine the direction of the project. The result is a secure and adaptable currency that is a superior store of value. Everyone is invested and actively involved in helping Decred succeed.
- TERMS TO DESCRIBE DECRED
- Minority fork-resistant
- Hybrid PoW+PoS
- OG (Original gangsters - founders involved since BTC Suite)
- Serious dev talent
RAW Paste Data