- Officially announcing the Winter NC Melee Power Rankings!
- Ranking Period: September 25, 2017 – January 21, 2018
- Panel: SWC|Stingers, $mike, Chi, HiFi
- Before we get to the rankings, we would like to emphasize to tournament organizers of NC events that the PR is a guideline that should be adhered to for seeding purposes. To increase the accuracy of this guideline across a season, we would also like to remind TOs that they may move players within their different tiers based on results as the season progresses. Finally, the attendance rule stands: to be eligible for the power ranking, a player must average one tournament per month across the season, rounding down. This means that if the season is 3 or 3.5 months long, in both cases we need to see at least 3 tournaments from any individual on the rankings. This requirement balances flexibility (to the length of seasons) and individual conditions (if someone is personally not feeling it for one month/needs to take a break) with the need for data.
- You’ll notice that we’ve continued to use a 10-man power ranking. In looking at the data, we determined that across these four months, results did not adequately meet the standard for consistency we would expect out of a larger representation. This does not imply anything about this season or the next seasons going forward: if, during the next season, more individuals meet the appropriate level of wins, then the appropriate number of people will be ranked. As always, we will be watching closely.
- Without further ado, congratulations to the next season of ranked competitors:
- 1. $mike
- 2. Sharkz
- 3. Tylenol
- 4. Zasa
- 5. Saef
- 6. GCS
- 7. HiFi
- 8. Tiger
- 9. Sprankles
- 10. Dash
- HMs: None
- The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings are a roster of our strongest and most competitive players from our region. Their respective ranks are guided by tournament performances, but not solely determined by them. For example, we do not rank players fresh every period. Their performances are judged relative to their previous rankings, so that a more accurate ranking can occur through a gradual process.
- A player’s ranking is determined with their performance and attendance/activity in consideration. Although a player can be eligible for the PRs by attending a sufficient number of tournaments, we encourage those who want to be strong contenders to attend as many events as possible. The more events a player attends, the more data they have vs other players, which is better for PR consideration.
- MONEY MATCHES___
- Money matches of $10 or more can be conducted for data towards PR consideration. A challenger must inform the other player that it is a $10 MM specifically for PR consideration. In other words, if a MM is $10 it doesn’t automatically count for PRs if the players involved don’t agree to it. You must agree to such before the MM happens.
- Other guidelines for MMs that count towards the PR:
- - A player being challenged can decline for any reason.
- - MMs that count toward the PR must take place at a tournament.
- - It is the responsibility of BOTH players involved to report the result to a member of the panel ($mike, Ambition, or Stingers) after the MM is completed. Please report all results no later than a week after they occur.
- As always, if you don’t like the list, go out and change it!!!
- Starting from this season onwards, the panel has collectively agreed that we will no longer be bound to 10 vs 15 man PRs. Instead, the PR will always be at a minimum of 10, with the option to flexibly extend past 10 as results permit.
RAW Paste Data Copied