How to run TP-Link Easy Smart Configuration Utility in any O
- How to run TP-Link Easy Smart Configuration Utility in any OS with Java
- * Windows machine to "extract" the java JAR file
- * Easy Smart Configuration Utility v22.214.171.124.exe (or up)
- * Java JRE 7 with a graphical UI
- * One (or more) TP-Link Easy Smart Switches:
- - TL-SG108E
- - TL-SG1016DE
- - TL-SG1024DE
- 1) Extracting the JAR file: Execute the install in a Windows machine. After the installation the JAR file is on directory "\TP-LINK\Easy Smart Configuration Utility\" with the name "Easy Smart Configuration Utility.exe" (forget EXE extension, is a mixed file with binary header and a JAR container). Copy JAR file to your destination machine. You can uninstall the tool in the windows machine if you like.
- 2) Execute the tool using this command: java -Xmx300m -jar "./Easy Smart Configuration Utility.exe". If you like to use the 64bit java runtime add "-d64"; and if you have sufficient RAM increase heap memory using "-Xmx500m"
- Tested by me!