Piper Charm Gemini
IBakaI Nov 13th, 2019 (edited) 93 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- "Wait." Piper turned to address the crowd of gemini. "There is only death above. You will be safer in the tunnels. Hurry back. Forget you saw us. Protect yourselves."
- The fear in her voice channelled perfectly with the charmspeak. The snake people, even the guards, turned and slithered into the darkness, leaving only the king.
- "Kekrops," Piper said, "you"re planning to betray us as soon as you step through that goo."
- "Yes," he agreed. "I will alert the giants. They will destroy you." Then he hissed. "Why did I tell you that?"
- "Listen to the heartbeat of Gaia," Piper urged. "You can sense her rage, can't you?"
- Kekrops wavered. The end of his staff glowed dimly. "I can, yes. She is angry." "She"ll destroy everything," Piper said.
- "She"ll reduce the Acropolis to a smoking crater. Athens – your city – will be utterly destroyed, your people along with it. You believe me, don't you?"
- "I – I do."
- "Whatever hatred you have for humans, for demigods, for Athena, we are the only chance to stop Gaia. So you will not betray us. For your own sake, and your people, you will scout the territory and make sure the way is clear. You will say nothing to the giants. Then you will return."
- "That is … what I"ll do." Kekrops disappeared through the membrane of goo.
- Piper grabbed her sword and rose, prepared for a flood of monsters.
- But Kekrops emerged alone.
- "The way is clear,’ he said. ‘But hurry. The ceremony is almost complete."
RAW Paste Data