midkid Nov 5th, 2017 (edited) 6,653 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Set the DNS to 168.235.092.108 and 081.004.127.020 to block the console from updating itself.
- [Settings > System Settings > Internet > Connect to the Internet > Select your connection > Change settings > DNS] (Don't auto-obtain)
- If you don't do that, you'll allow Nintendo to update your console without asking.
- [Start here] Haxchi/Mocha guide: https://wiiu.guide/
- NOTE: Installing coldboot haxchi may brick your console (if you don't know what you're doing), but is also optional, so you can skip that step if you're unsure.
- Old guide: https://github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
- a) Brazilian Title Install Method (recommended, installs legit games to your HDD)
- Follow this guide: https://github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/blob/master/btimsg.md
- Titlekey site: http://wiiu.titlekeys.gq/
- Use this instead of uTikDownloadHelper: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wii-u-usb-helper-a-small-eshop-for-windows.446565/
- b) Loadiine (not recommended, long loading times, incompatible with some games, only useful if you want mods)
- Follow this (outdated) guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/loadiine-gx2.413823/
- Loadiine works on 5.5.2 and doesn't require the browser method if you have haxchi installed.
- Compatibility list: https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Loadiine_compatibility_list
- USEFUL TOOLS
- Dumping disc-based games for installation: https://wiiu.guide/disc2app
- Modding vWii (the Wii inside your Wii U): https://wiiu.guide/vwii-modding
- NAND backup: https://wiiu.guide/nand-backup
- Inject Wii/GameCube games via Virtual Console: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiivc-injector-script-gc-wii-homebrew-support.483577/
- Inject (S)NES/DS/N64/Wii games via VC: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-vc-injector-for-wiiu.486781/
- Wii U common key: d7b00402659ba2abd2cb0db27fa2b656
- >Can I update to 5.5.2 [current OFW]?
- There is a working browser exploit for 5.5.2 (http://u.drg.li/), but it's extremely unreliable. Here's a method for updating to 5.5.2 but keeping the old browser exploit:
- Other than that, 5.5.2 is perfectly safe.
- >Can I use DLCs and play online?
- Generally, yes, but keep in mind that you _will_ need to boot into CFW in order to play DLC and eShop-only games. If you're using Loadiine, there's no guarantee you'll get either to work. Consider switching to the Brazilian method.
- >How do I decrypt games for use with Loadiine/CEMU?
- There's a small tool called "cdecrypt" you can use for that. Some NUS downloaders like JNUSTool (https://gbatemp.net/threads/jnustool-nusgrabber-and-cdecrypt-combined.413179/) already come with it, but a bit of googling around should do the job too.
- >How can I get VC games to show up in Loadiine?
- Just stop using Loadiine.
- OTHER STUFF
- Splatoon mods: https://gbatemp.net/threads/425670/
- DS VC layout editing: https://gbatemp.net/threads/426862/
- In DS Virtual console games you can change the internal resolution to X2 by editing the /game/content/configuration_cafe.json file. Search for "Renderscale", it should display a 1. Switch it to 2.
RAW Paste Data