Not Much Streaming Anymore
- "I might just fade into Bolivian" -Mike Tyson
- In general, I've done my best to stay out of speedrun/stream-related drama, though I've certainly not been perfect in that regard, and I've stuck my foot in my mouth (proverbially speaking) more than once. To that end, I considered just following the advice of the Mike Tyson quote above and disappearing. In the end, though, I know I have a loyal, albeit small, audience, so I guess I owe them at least some explanation.
- The short version is that, with my finances being the way they are, I need to find a second job to make some extra money. I also want to somehow better myself, and do things that don't involve staring at a screen playing games (Or watching other people play them). Playing bass again, reading more, maybe going out and taking some pictures of the area I live in, I'd like to do some or all of these things (Especially the photography thing--I have no plans to have kids anytime soon, so documenting the area as it stands today is probably the only way I have a chance at leaving something lasting in this world).
- To that end, I won't be retiring from speedrunning/streaming as such--another reason I considered just not saying anything--but I'm going to be doing a lot less of the latter...and by extension, the former, since streaming is about the only time I even play games anymore. The times I do stream will no longer be on a schedule, either. I've tried the schedule thing for 2-plus years, and let's be honest, I can't stick to it and be punctual, so there's no point (Especially if/when I find a second job that will take up even more off my free time).
- I'll still honor my commitment to any streaming marathons I've signed up for, but after that, I plan on laying low for awhile and doing other stuff, be it what I mentioned above or something else.
- I thank everyone who has watched/followed/donated to the stream over the years, and I'll probably still be around other people's streams, though not as much as I have been in the past. I hope you'll all be too.
RAW Paste Data