Wifi Issue 4 Laptop
- Cannot connect with my laptop. Running Kubuntu 14.04 LTS on my laptop. Problem started when a friend connected to internet via MetroPCS Hotspot on my machine. After that could only get page saying Wifi Hotspot was not part of my Metro plan.
- Was originally having connection issues. Wrote all this up at:
- Now know I've resolved the connection issues, but something in DNS config is not right so even though ifconfig wlan0 shows me with an IP assigned, ping -c 3 www.google.com or anyother URL or IP address does not actually produce any traffic.
- Needing help desperately as need to work from home via my own phone HotSpot and cannot.
- OK running ifconfig wlan0
- wlan0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 78:92:9c:25:b5:d0
- inet addr:192.168.43.147 Bcast:192.168.43.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
- inet6 addr: fe80::7a92:9cff:fe25:b5d0/64 Scope:Link
- UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
- RX packets:72000 errors:0 dropped:1 overruns:0 frame:0
- TX packets:61562 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
- collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
- RX bytes:78957388 (78.9 MB) TX bytes:6383522 (6.3 MB)
- I think this is a DNS config issue as running "dhclient wlan0" runs for 10 min, hangs, aborts then sets the IP to the previous default IP. I think if I know which file in the config to look at and edit this can be a simple fix but clueless myself on where to look!
RAW Paste Data Copied