a guest Nov 11th, 2016 105 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- 1 box filo strudel leaves
- 2-3 16 ounce bags of frozen chopped spinach
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 bunch fresh dill (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp dried dill weed
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 lb feta cheese
- 4-6 eggs
- 2tbsp olive oil (or canola/vegetable oil) for sautee-ing onions
- 2tbsp olive oil for spinach mix
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Defrost spinach. Drain and squeeze liquid out. Clean and chop green onions, and yellow onion. Heat
- oil until it shimmers in sauce pan; saute the onions, turning the heat to low.
- Combine the spinach and sauteed onions in large bowl. Add the olive oil, crumble the feta cheese and
- add. Add the eggs, dill and salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter. Brush the baking pan with butter on bottom and sides. Lay the filo out sheet by sheet,
- buttering between sheets.
- Ten layers on the bottom, then fill the pan with spinach mixture and cover with layers of buttered filo.
- Reserve one whole sheet of filo. Fold in the filo on the sides. Butter and place reserve piece on top.
- Butter. Slice through diagonally, taking care not to cut all the way through to the pan.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for about an hour, or until the filo turns golden brown on top.
- If you want to add cottage cheese you can use ½ the quantity of feta, and substitute small
- container of cottage cheese....makes the spanakopita a little creamier.
RAW Paste Data