- BALKAN ROUTE UPDATE 8/12/2015 Monday 22:00
- - PLEASE ALWAYS check conditions on the place you are about to go to volunteering or provide donations before starting your journey via phone, facebook or email. Situation may change quickly!
- - Greek PM Tsipras says more refugee hotspots will be completed by the end of the year, one of which will be at the FYROM-Greek border
- - Archive of the updates: http://pastebin.com/u/michalberg
- - LESVOS and other islands: More boats come to the southerns part of the islands. Regular coordination meeting today, but no major changes in the volunteering support.
- Volunteering and donation info: http://bit.ly/lesvolunteer
- Short term volunteering info: http://jdem.cz/buwva7
- Volunteers are asking for donations: In order to be more efficient, we will need as soon as possible 4 walky-talkies Motorola T80 Extreme (10 km range), another Night Vision Scope (or binocular) since our actual one is temporarly lent, and of course survival blankets (a lot)... Contact: Fred +30 694 900 1568
- - IDOMENI: The situation is calm, cca 2000 people on site. Volunteers report a total number of 100 volunteers in the field. Distribution of donations is difficult. Donations in money for self-organized kitchens are greatly appreciated.
- If you want to volunteer, please contact email@example.com or Lea Wilmsen (FB - Lea Wlmsn) or +306 989 397 067, firstname.lastname@example.org. We recommend ONLY EXPERIENCED volunteers to come, situation volatile and dangerous at times. Volunteers can use hotels in Polikastro (17km) or sleep in a tent. If you want to donate money, please contact https://www.facebook.com/aslam.obaid , no need of material donations reported now.
- Liveticker updates: http://livetickereidomeni.bordermonitoring.eu/
- - GEVGELIJA: 4000 people entered Macedonia, but situation under control. Enough food and clothes ready for new refugees that came in the evening. If you can help with donations, write to email@example.com
- - MIRATOVAC: Miratovac needs support starting at the end of this week. New volunteers arrived today and will stay until Sunday. So from Sunday on Miratovac will need volunteers again. Contact person is Manuela +381 628 997 837
- Miratovac is the first village after the Serbian-Macedonian border. People from Syria, Iraq, and Afghanistan pass the village after an hour-long walk through the muddy and swampy border area, just before they go to the Preševo registration camp by bus. There's a meeting point providing food, clothes (especially winter gear and children’s clothes), space for relaxation, and medical treatment for them. At the moment, there's no distribution of clothes, since there are not enough helpers/volunteers. Also, tents for the night-time after the buses stop running are currently getting installed.
- Also Tabanovce on Macedonian side needs volunteers, especially in the night shift, as well as information and men’s shoes. If you are in the area, please contact local team on field.
- - PREŠEVO: Busy during the day. Borderfree, Adra, UVP (local org) are providing support to the queue outside the camp. Tea, clothing, food, being distributed by UVP, Solidaritet, Adra in Miratovac. No accreditation required to distribute in Miratovac, but last I heard, housing was limited. Volunteers not currently needed in Presevo Volunteers are still lacking money for purchasing food, SHOES needed. If you can donate money of winter clothes, please contact United Volunteers of Preševo, Tel. +381 62 1499 561.
- - DIMITROVGRAD: Last night a total of 130 refugees arrived. IHO is handing out food packages as well as clothing and blankets during the night. Local team still asks for socks, gloves, scarves, caps and blankets. Volunteers needed since Saturday 12th! Coordinator on site is Tarek: +381 62 895 45 77.
- - BEOGRAD: Volunteers at Miksaliste are asking for paper cups, coffee, milk, sugar, biscuits, razors, shaving cream, paper tissues, rubber gloves for volunteers; shoes, pants, coats, hats and gloves for men. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! Please use Volunteer spot http://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/4179297180119 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Refugees can go to the Asylum Center at Krnjača, where they have access to hot meals, showers and a place to rest. Asylum Protection Center - provides legal, psychosocial and psychological support to refugees. Only long-term volunteers required. Based in Belgrade as well as Sid and they also have two offices in Presevo. Contact: Rados Djurovic +381 63 704-7080, email@example.com
- - ŠID/ADAŠEVCI: 3000 refugees crossed today. Czech volunteer team helps in Adaševci in two shifts (16-24h, 0-8h), we provide information, hand out water and some basic clothes. Situation is calm and steady. Shoes, socks, scarfs, hats, large plastic garbage bags and tapes welcomed. No volunteers needed, Czech team handles this internally.
- - SLAVONSKI BROD: number of refugees that entered Croatia from midnight until 9 p.m. is 2,194. Slavonski Brod camp currently states 1,036 persons. Arrival of refugees from Serbia is still expected. The weather today has been noticeably colder than in the previous days. The refugees keep arriving exhausted from the voyage. The most sought after things are What is needed here: shoes & socks (39-44), especially men's, incontinence pads, wheelchairs, baby carriages, baby carriers, pants, jackets, caps, gloves + some jackets. Volunteers registration for December has been closed. Contacts for donations: firstname.lastname@example.org or https://www.facebook.com/anto.vrdoljak
- - DOBOVA: Tents are usually full to accomodate all refugees. Dobova is missing shoes, winter jackets for smaller kids and baby bottles. If you can donate either please contact https://www.facebook.com/Slovenskafilantropija or https://www.facebook.com/areyousyrious/
- - SPIELFELD: Military is preparing warm meals for the refugees, but only from 6PM to 10PM every day. No volunteers needed/allowed.
- OTHER NEWS
- - SUPPLIES IN SZEGED: Warehouse of MigSzol Szeged is still full of food, non-food and hygiene goods. You can pick up anything when travelling to Serbia/Macedonia and elswehere. Contact coordinators Szalai Balázs +36 20 229 6669 or Szőke - Tóth Ágnes +36 304 27 34 60.
- - Large amounts of supplies could be picked up also in Zagreb, please call Lejla +385 91 456 77 05 if you are able to bring any supplies from Zagreb to any of the borders.
- - and don't forget to act: http://www.europeact.eu
BALKAN ROUTE UPDATE 8/12/2015 Monday 22:00
michalberg Dec 8th, 2015 471 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data