MG Hobos Shutdown Announcement
TheCurt May 12th, 2020 (edited) 49 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- changes ahead...
- hey all.
- tl;dr: bums is shutting down. it's been a fun ride! scroll to the bottom for cleanup and all that type of stuff. shameless plug: im starting a corp, focusing on smaller and more engaging content.
- long version:
- so basically i (and most/some) of leadership just don't enjoy the game/this alliance anymore.
- arson industries/bums started as an alliance focused on small gang stuff out of solitude. over time, we evolved to our present form: a mid-sized alliance doing low sec stuffs.
- over this period of time (2015-2020), eve has increasingly become more about whose blob is bigger, and up to the point that 2020 really has turned into us fighting a constant tide of n+1 groups. i don't begrudge them being that way (they need content too), it's just not an interesting way to play the game for me.
- we've held on pretty well, and had some really cool fights over the past four months, but there is widespread burnout over 30 man raven fleets + triage. or 30 man shak fleets + triage. couple in that with some resists nerfs that make our comps even weaker and more susceptible to alpha, and it's just not fun.
- so... instead of continuing our valiant death by inches for the next four months, i'm calling it quits and throwing in the towel. it's been a blast, but i want to reinvent where i'm at with eve, and i'm going to do that with my own corp, and none of the restrictions of infrastructure and all that jazz.
- you've all been an amazing alliance to fly with, and i want to highlight just how cool it has been to fly with you guys. we've accomplished some fantastic stuff:
- -won the war versus cavemen in solitude
- -caught grease payn's titan
- -killed meeko's faction fortizar
- -established a moon empire that lasted over a year in the region of solitude
- -won a few wars in syndicate
- -moved into placid and contested wangs in the time when snuff was on holiday
- there have been awesome fights, epic welps, etc... and i'd do it all again. and maybe we will. i will hold the executor corp and the alliance, and if opportunity presents (i.e., lowsec moves away from a blob fest of batphones) we'll go round 2.
- as far as clean up goes:
- -if you want a particular struc, ask for it. we've downsized heavily already, but there's still some stuff up for grabs.
- -ill be kicking corps from the alliance 5/15 (Control Spacebar and Filthy Peasants will be the only remaining ones)
- -my corp: Filthier Peasants will accept all apps from present hobos. dm me on discord if u want more details, but basically we're going into cache, flying with nsh, and looking for wh's/small/mid-gang shit
- -supers talk to Rhoenin to get safe
- up through 5/15, we'll probably run a few fleets. maybe defend some unanchoring stuff? stuff like that. if you have a super you need moved, talk to rhoenin.
RAW Paste Data