- Winter is upon us and the majority of encampments have been disbanded. However, The Occupy Movement has succeeded in educating multitudes on the forces that are working against them. We practically wrote a recent Presidential speech and GOP frontrunners are telling people to “occupy” a bank. We are certainly changing the conversation.
- The first strike of the Occupy Movement started at Zucotti Park in NYC and has spread rapidly throughout the Nation. While the strike hit the target, the fight is far from over. We must all step back and look for new perspectives and improved tactics.
- After a snake strikes, it’s body recoils and prepares to repeat. When a gun is fired, the recoil action loads the next round. The Occupy Movement will have to do the same. This fight will not be won by a single protest, we must prepare for the long haul.
- The election season is fast approaching and there are exciting Occupy Events in the works. Please brave the cold and make it out to support any Occupy Event when possible.
- Oh the conundrum of what to do about the elections. Who, if anybody, do we support? How do we support them? These questions can only be answered as individuals. Don’t be ashamed of your decision, stand proud and express why you support, or don't support, a particular candidate. This encourages debate and brings out the truth. The truth is what we seek.
- Be engaged in the political process. Talk to your family, friends, and neighbors about the economy and current political state. Continue to educate those around you and build networks of activists that can share info and ideas. Learn from each other.
- Be prepared to strike when spring arrives. Recoil.
- As always, thanks for reading. Please feel free to comment.
RAW Paste Data