a guest Oct 21st, 2018 65 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- What Every Woman Must Not Say
- “I don’t pretend I’m clever,” he remarked, “or very wise,”
- And at this she murmured, “Really,” with the right polite surprise.
- “But women,” he continued, “I must own I understand;
- Women are a contradiction—honorable and underhand—
- Constant as the star Polaris, yet as changeable as Fate,
- Always flying what they long for, always seeking what they hate.”
- “Don’t you think,” began the lady, but he cut her short: “I see
- That you take it personally—women always do,” said he.
- “You will pardon me for saying every woman is the same,
- Always greedy for approval, always sensitive to blame;
- Sweet and passionate are women; weak in mind, though strong in soul;
- Even you admit, I fancy, that they have no self-control?”
- “No, I don’t admit they haven’t,” said the patient lady then,
- “Or they could not sit and listen to the nonsense talked by men.”
- –Alice Duer Miller
RAW Paste Data