- Questions on the evaluation of derivatives or problems involving derivatives (for example, use of the mean value theorem).
- This tag is intended for questions on the evaluation of derivatives.
- *Derivative of a function* has a very natural geometric and physical interpretation: it corresponds to slope of the tangent line and to instantaneous velocity
- Basic techniques used for computing the derivative of a given function are:
- - the definition of the derivative;
- - [product rule](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Product_rule) and [quotient rule](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quotient_rule)
- - [chain rule](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chain_rule)
- It is useful to know [the derivatives of elementary functions](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_of_derivatives).
- Questions on the evaluation of definite and indefinite integrals
- Questions on the evaluation of limits.
- In mathematics, a limit is the value that a function or sequence "approaches" as the input or index approaches some value. Limits are essential to calculus (and mathematical analysis in general) and are used to define continuity, derivatives, and integrals.
- The concept of a limit of a sequence is further generalized to the concept of a limit of a topological net, and is closely related to limit and direct limit in category theory.
a guest Feb 20th, 2013 27 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data