- "Are you in?" Morgan asked. He was playing on his personal tablet.
- Shai's setup was a squishy, jury rigged battle-station to rival the one Morgan had in his apartment back on earth.
- "Yeah, I don't know where I am though. How do I find you?"
- "What's your screen name?"
- "You couldn't come up with anything shorter?" he muttered under his breath. A moment later he said, "I just sent you a friend request."
- "Where do I- oh, I got it! It just popped up!" She clapped her hands together in excitement. "Ok, I accepted it."
- "Now right click my name and select join party."
- "Ok, I see your portrait in the corner now but I still don't see your character."
- "You're in the starter area. Hold on, I'm on my way to you." Morgan looked at her name again. "That isn't your birthday or something is it? July 2nd, 2047? Or is it 1947?"
- Shai's fingers froze on her keyboard. "I-It's not a date."
- After an awkward pause her fingers resumed their exploration of the game interface. Morgan waited for more of an explanation but none came.
- "Well, what is it then?" An idea occurred to him and he grinned at her playfully. "Ah, is it your age?"
- Surprisingly she didn't react. Not to scold him for calling her old or even to deny it. She just kept staring intently at her screen, seemingly avoiding eye contact.
- Morgan frowned. "Is it not your age? What is it?"
- "I-I guess you could say it's related to my age."
- Another long pause.
- Morgan had arrived at Shai's location in-game and started emoting at her, but she didn't notice him. She wasn't really paying attention to her screen, just pretending to. He thought it would be a good idea to change the subject, but curiosity had him in its grip now. "Related how?"
- "...s-square root..."
- Morgan punched the number into a calculator app and frowned. "You're 265? I got the impression you were older than that."
- "Shai?" He peeked around her monitor to get a better look at her face and found her blushing pink from her toes to — and including — her hair. She kept her gaze locked stubbornly on the screen but there were unshed tears of embarrassment in her eyes.
- Morgan quickly connected the dots. "Oh, you meant the other way around — 70,247 is the square root of your age."
- When she didn't respond he turned back to his tablet to calculate her age.
- Shai tackled him from behind and covered his eyes with two very sweaty hands. "You aren't allowed to use the calculator anymore!"
Spaceworms - Side Story 2.5 - Don't Ask That
PRW Apr 7th, 2015 (edited) 894 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data