a guest Aug 13th, 2017 46 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Hi there. Its about time this part of the forums got some life and I thought I'd introduce probably the hands-down best team I've made. Its an innovative twist on standard stall and is a team I've really enjoyed using. With this alt I have sailed both the PO and Smogon ladders cruising past 1400. I also used it a lot on the Smogon Shoddy Battle ladder and cruised past 1640. It is a team that perhaps defines stall for this generation and I have seen very many look-a-likes around. Even Smogon moderators have started using this team and I'm very glad I created it.
- When building all my teams, I like to use a simple formula. Pokemon #1, #2 and #3 form the core of your team, and strive for your own win condition. Without them - you would get nowhere. Pokemon #4 sets your hazards and Pokemon #5 is your lead. Pokemon #6 is the Pokemon that ties up all your weaknesses, although on a heavy stall team such as this, I generally don't recommend the use of a scarfer - although on balanced and offensive teams I believe a scarfer is a fine choice here.
- Now I know I may sound arrogant when presenting this team, but don't you think I have a right to be? I have created the definitive stall of the fourth generation and have laddered very high up to #1 on 3 different ladders. While I don't have much tournament success, I like to proclaim that I'm probably one of the most prolific stall players to grace Smogon - up there with Earthworm and Taylor.
- Anyway, presenting Kevin_Garnett stall!
- Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
- Ability: Sand Stream
- EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Jolly nature (+Spe, -SpA)
- - Crunch
- - Stone Edge
- - Pursuit
- - Superpower
- The glue. Tyranitar does so much. Its a failsafe when threats such as Lucario and Mixed Dragonite get out of hand. Its able to trap opposing Rotom-A giving me a huge edge against opposing stall and if I can get this in against a Gengar Shadow Ball, one of the true menaces for my team is gone. With Tyranitar's powerful attack stat and excellent STABs, lategame I can often pick a move and sweep, such is the versatility of this Pokemon. Originally I used Tyranitar as an excellent answer to Latias, in fact I was one of the first to use it - but after Latias was banned its usefulness did not diminish. Life Orb Starmie with Rapid Spin is another large issue handled excellently by Tyranitar.
- Blissey @ Leftovers
- Ability: Natural Cure
- EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
- Calm nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- - Seismic Toss
- - Softboiled
- - Aromatherapy
- - Toxic
- One of the most infamous Pokemon in competitive battling, here's Blissey. Blissey was once a very attractive and sought after special wall, but her days at the top have made her into a fat, gluttonous blob who only wants to sponge more and more special attacks since her rise to fame in gen two. Blissey also likes to use her very gaudy perfume to heal the other members of my team, who do not enjoy status at all, while Blissey somewhat does because of her ability to cure all status afflictions upon switching out. Blissey is also my answer to almost every special threat there is, barring things like CMWishRachi and CroCune, as it can take any unboosted special hit with ease and shrug it off with a softboiled.
- Rotom-H @ Leftovers
- Ability: Levitate
- EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
- Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- - Rest
- - Sleep Talk
- - Shadow Ball
- - Thunderbolt
- There isn't any question on what to put on a stall team for your spin blocker since the days of Platinum's beginnings. Rotom-H boasts many key resistances and immunities that many other Pokemon would die for. It's immunity to spikes and the fact that it can counter Breloom and Gyarados make it an invaluable asset to this team. Down the long run in stall vs stall, which is become quiet common in 4th gen these days, Rotom is perhaps the most important member to keep alive due to it scaring Skarmory away like the song "Friday" to the common Smogon goer. Running dual STAB also proves crucial as sometimes the 2/3 chance to roll something bad really ends up biting me in the buttocks. All in all, I'd say this Pokemon is my favorite member of the team.
RAW Paste Data