Exarion Mar 4th, 2019 (edited) 549 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- I'm going to move in a slightly different direction with my life and stream this year. I've put a lot of thought into this and made a detailed plan.
- First, I'll be moving back to Minnesota in June and staying with my parents while I search for a new place to live. I've been living with Gunner in Louisiana the past year and a half. He's been a fantastic roommate who gave me a place to stay when I was struggling. He eventually wants to move too, and it's possible we'll find a place together. I'm making this decision because Minnesota is a much better place for me socially and financially.
- The timing of this move coincides with SGDQ 2019 in Minneapolis, so I hope to see many of you there!
- After a few months, I'll be starting a part-time job as a substitute teacher. This pays well and will likely relieve many of the financial struggles that stemmed from unsuccessful attempts to monetize my stream. I don't know why my stream had such little financial success compared to my peers, but I've accepted it and I'm done complaining about it.
- I'm still going to stream regularly -- I'm in the process of revising my stream schedule -- and with the same passion for speedrunning and interaction. However, I will be doing significantly fewer "world record grinds" of heavily optimized Pokemon games. These grinds are just not that satisfying anymore, for several reasons. The main one is that 95% of your success comes from getting lucky and hitting small frame windows for RNG manipulations. This isn't what I want to succeed at in life.
- Instead, I'll be trying many new games and categories, some Pokemon and some non-Pokemon. I'm considering the following:
- - Pokemon Gen 1-5 manipless
- - Pokemon Ruby any% (with manips)
- - Pokemon Black any% (with manips)
- - Pokemon Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu (if I get a Switch)
- - Pokemon Sword and Shield (if I get a Switch and the games are good)
- - Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories 100% (no manip)
- - Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monster Coliseum
- - Advance Wars
- - The Legend of Dark Witch
- - Grief Syndrome (more categories than just any%)
- - Any new game I play casually (specific games TBD, but there will likely be several)
- I realize my stream numbers will take a hit with this approach. But overall I'll be happier this way. And I'm very thankful for the people who support me no matter what I play.
- However, I need to raise a decent amount of money for moving expenses, as I'll be moving twice (Louisiana --> Minnesota, then my parents' place --> my own place). So I've decided to do five sellout streams, roughly one per month from now until August. The goal will be to raise $200 with each. For each one I'll be doing a long, unique Pokemon run. Here's a tentative schedule (all dates are Saturdays):
- March 16: Yellow Ash% (with an improved route)
- April 20: Trifecta (Red/Gold/Sapphire, possibly without manips)
- May 18: Ruby All Ribbons (My routing: https://pastebin.com/5Pcape02)
- June 15: Crystal Baton Pass
- August 3: Emerald Baton Pass
- If the runs take less time than expected (<6 hours), I'll extend the streams with other runs, or maybe an attempt to beat the run I just did. I'd like each stream to last 10 hours or so. More hours might raise more money, but too many is unhealthy.
RAW Paste Data