a guest Jun 26th, 2019 72 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- # Anything else you'd like to add?
- #### endless.
- The best solution is to create cell phone usage rules that allow devices to be
- accessible without disturbing other students’ educational opportunities.
- Students should be permitted to keep their phones in their bags, pockets, or
- other belongings as long as the phones are on silent in class. Vibrate
- settings may be permitted if the instructor does not believe it will distract
- him or her, since the noise of the vibration may not be noticeable in a large
- classroom. If a student needs to answer the phone during an emergency, he
- or she can step out of the classroom to do so. This setup would give the
- students and the instructor peace of mind.
- Cell phone restrictions in classrooms should also include specific disciplinary
- actions for breaking the rules. If a student is caught using the phone in
- class, he or she should be excused for the rest of the day. Professors should
- refrain from physically taking possession of a student’s phone because of
- liability conflicts. If the phone is damaged while in the professor’s
- possession, the school or the instructor could be held responsible for the
- repairs. It is safer to ask the student to leave the classroom than it is to take
- the phone away completely.
- Each school, professor and student body is different. Colleges must adapt
- their rules and discipline efforts to reflect the current needs of their
- students. Eliminating cell phones in college classrooms is an over stretch,
- but there are ways to balance students’ rights and instructors’ rights. With
- the right amount of control and flexibility, colleges can create a pleasant
- learning environment with maximum safety and minimal interruptions.
RAW Paste Data