- Releasing a new version of a game:
- Always do this in the existing topic of the game. It is recommended to update the first post, but leave old download links available if possible, and also post a release notice in the topic.
- Disallowed licenses
- Any mod that disallows derivatives cannot be published on this forum. These include CC NoDerivs and pretty much any closed source licenses.
- More about licenses
- If a game or some part thereof is to be included as an "official" game for Minetest, it's code needs to be relicensable under "LGPLv2 and later", and textures/sounds under CC BY-SA, as the main game is released under those licenses. Notably, WTFPL (for anything), BSD (for code) are prefectly compatible with this. Notably LGPLv3 for code is not compatible with this.
- Public domain is not allowed as a license because jurisdiction about what "public domain" means varies between countries. Release your work under WTFPL or CC0 instead (or also).
a guest Apr 17th, 2013 31 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data