Secret Hitler Meta
JohnRove Dec 21st, 2016 (edited) 1,067 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Secret Hitler Metas
- Various Metagame related Items for the Game Secret Hitler. Most Notable for use on web versions at http://secret.ethanl.ee and http://Secrethitler.io
- Chancellor Selection Order
- This is intended to Be sure that Everyone is given a Chance to be in government while minimizing opportunities for Fascists to make selective picks.
- Odd-Player Games: First President Picks the Person Behind them, Following Presidents Pick the Person Behind that until all are in government.
- Even-Player Game: First President Picks the Person 2 Behind them, Following Presidents Pick the Person Behind That, With the Last in Presidential order picking the person who is directly behind First President (who was skipped at the beginning).
- In a 5 Player Game, First President is Position 2, he/she picks Position 1. Position 3 Picks Position 5. Position 4 Picks whoever they want.
- In a 6 Player Game, First President is Position 4, he/she picks Position 2. Position 5 Picks Position 1. Position 6 Picks Position 3.
- In a 7 Player Game, First President is Position 1, he/she picks Position 7. Position 2 Picks Position 6. Position 3 Picks Position 5. Position 4 Picks whoever.
- In a 8 Player Game, First President is Position 3, he/she picks Position 1. Position 4 Picks Position 8. Position 5 Picks Position 7. Position 6 Picks Position 2.
- In a 9 Player Game, First President is Position 6, he/she picks Position 5. Position 7 Picks Position 4. Position 8 Picks Position 3. Position 9 Picks Position 2. Position 1 Picks whoever.
- In a 10 Player Game, First President is Position 8, he/she picks Position 6. Position 9 picks Position 5. Position 10 picks Position 4. Position 1 Picks Position 3. Position 2 Picks Position 7.
- Alternative Strategies for 5 Player Games (Does not Work in Larger Games):
- Liberal Train: The First President Picks according to Standard Meta, so 1 behind. If that government comes out Liberal, the President from Government 1 is rechosen as Chancellor. This continues in a similar fashion so long as Liberal Policies Continue to be passed. When a Fascist Policy is Passed, the Most Recent Member of a Liberal Government who can be picked is chosen as Chancellor.
- Flame Pieman Meta: The first President picks someone who is not adjacent to them, but is within 2 governments of them. (E.g. 1 picks 3 or 4). If that government comes out liberal, then you nein to the first chancellor and they pick the first president. This team continues so long as Liberal Policies are Passed. When a Fascist policy is passed, you have the next president pick the person thus far out of government that is not adjacent to them. (E.g. If 1 Picks 4, then 2 picks 5) If they play Liberal, you restart the neining with the two of them.
- Revealing Cards
- It is most beneficial for Liberals for the President to not Disclose the Composition of Cards in a Liberal Government on the First Shuffle (Subsequent shuffles tend to have significantly fewer Liberal cards in them and the information is important to get out) . The reason for this is that, if the president has multiple Liberal Policies, informing fascists of this makes it easier for them to claim 3r when they are president without drawing suspicion. Any Fascist Governments should have cards disclosed immediately so that the Board is aware of any conflict. To minimize the chance for people to create a lie about their cards,
- once the final hand of a shuffle is played, the presidents should give the cards they had in chat, in order of presidency. This should be done in quick succession.
- In 7/8 Player games, barring conflict or other outside factors, the Investigation should be used to investigate the Chancellor of the First Fascist Government. This is so that if It was dual fascist, you can potentially use that information to determine cards discarded.
- In 9/10 Player Games, barring conflict or other outside factors, the first investigation should be used on either the 2nd or 3rd upconing president. This prevents a 2-in-a-row conflict, and gives information on someone in the next set of governments. The second investigation should be used on the Chancellor of the First Fascist Government.
- This section will be used for notes regarding discussion of the Meta Strategies above and their usefulness in games.
- The Supreme Mango: But, the issue is, if a meta play favors Liberals or Fascists too strongly, fascists will have to find a way to disrupt it/game it
- The Supreme Mango: Or the game becomes less fun for them
- The Supreme Mango: Since fascists start the game with an advantage, metagame strategies should be used to counteract that advanatage, not destroy it
- the mangoes will mango again: so your solution is to play with a flawed meta, so that fascists have a chance?
- the mangoes will mango again: that's actually pretty smart
- The Supreme Mango: Not flawed, balanced
- The Supreme Mango: If the game is too favored to one team, it becomes unfun for the other team
- The Supreme Mango: Hence 6p games
- the mangoes will mango again: That makes a lot of sense actually. it's like getting arsonist in ToS, you just give up because you have like 3% chance of winning, so it's not fun
RAW Paste Data
Pastebin PRO Summer Special!
Get 40% OFF on Pastebin PRO accounts!
Get 40% OFF on Pastebin PRO accounts!