HAVIK LEAVES HAVIK (June 5th, 2009)
- Gilversum, Alliancia - Be prepared to stop seeing "Executive Producer: Paul de Havik" on Havik shows.
- In a press conference held today, Paul de Havik announced that he would be leaving Havik Group, the media company he had spent 18 years of his life building up.
- "It's been a wonderful 18 years, but it's time to leave.", he said in a statement released after the conference.
- When asked by reporters, he said that the television business had "tired him" and that he "just wanted out entirely". However, he also said "I have itchy fingers - so don't expect me to be gone for too long."
- Control of the company goes to his brother and current vice-president, Maarten de Mol.
- "Don't worry, this doesn't mean a merger", de Mol quipped at the conference.
- When asked what he was planning to do after he left Havik, Paul said "To be honest, I don't know."
- "I was planning on painting. I've got this villa in Roterlaine that I literally bought for the view, so... that'll be something to do, isn't it?"
- Maarten de Mol refused to comment on whether anything would change under his leadership - although insiders claim he will change the structure of the main production group.
RAW Paste Data