- Why Doom is actually the story of revelation and Doomguy is the Christ
- >The player takes the role of an unnamed space marine ("Doomguy") who has been punitively posted to Mars after assaulting his commanding officer, who ordered his unit to fire on civilians.
- A man who disobeyed the laws of the land, against the words of Paul and Acts
- >Responding to a frantic distress call from the overrun scientists, the Martian marine unit is quickly sent by ship from Mars to Phobos to investigate, where the player character is left to guard the perimeter with only a pistol while the rest of the group proceeds inside. The marine hears assorted radio messages, gunfire, and screams, followed by silence: "Seems your buddies are dead." The player cannot navigate the ship off of Phobos alone and sees that the only way out is to fight through the Phobos complex.
- Who fights to save the land/himself from what later turns out to be evil itself, the forces of hell
- >It ends with the player character entering the teleporter leading to Deimos, only to be overwhelmed by monsters.
- It seems that even in the end, the demons are too much
- >He fights his way through installations on Deimos, similar to those on Phobos, but warped and distorted from the demon invasion and interwoven with beastly architecture. After defeating the titanic Cyberdemon, the marine discovers the truth about the vanished moon: it is floating above Hell.
- Satan tempts the marine by corrupting his world and showing him true Hell
- >The third episode, called Inferno, begins after the marine climbs off Deimos to the surface. The marine fights his way through Hell and defeats the Spider Mastermind that planned the invasion. Then a hidden doorway back to Earth opens for the hero, who has "proven too tough for Hell to contain".
- The marine does not yield to temptation/evil, and ultimately is succesful in the name of the Lord.
- >Immediately following the events in Doom, the player once again assumes the role of the unnamed space marine. After returning from Hell, Doomguy finds that Earth has also been invaded by the demons, who have killed billions of people.
- Clearly mirroring the events of the endtimes of revelation
- >Just as he sits down to await death, knowing that he saved mankind, Doomguy then receives an off-planet transmission from the survivors in orbit, who have managed to find out where the armies of Hell are coming from. The message reveals that the alien base is in the center of Doomguy's own hometown.
- He sacrifices himself for the sake of mankind (Jesus parallel)
- >After fighting through the hordes of Hell, Doomguy reaches the location of the biggest demon he has ever seen, called the Icon of Sin (Baphomet). He kills the Icon of Sin by firing rockets into its exposed brain. Its death causes devastation on Hell, and the portal to Earth has been sealed. Now with Hell in ruins, Doomguy joins with the other humans in an effort to restore life on Earth.
- And as revelations foretells us, in the end, Jesus will vanquish the antichrist that is the Icon of Sin
RAW Paste Data