a guest Jan 13th, 2018 65 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Never tell your password to anyone.
- vier ° ell: Hey, been thinking a lot about the spades game and how to couter them, wanna discuss? Need someone to blow some holes into my theories and take them a step further
- vier ° Septique: what did you havein mind
- vier ° ell: basically, I'd like to develop a few different approaches to counter it to not be to predictable. I'll be taking it a little step at a time, have a few ideas to start off with. For starters, the problem is cutting us a bit of the area on our crate that we can work from, we know how to play that kind of game, once we have the room to move about. problem is we cant get the solly on top with a scout there. So, 1: what are the possibilities of rolling a lone solly into ramproom and onto top?
- vier ° ell: could that work
- vier ° ell: ?
- vier ° ell: I'm not very familiar with the rollouts but I figure it would be ok
- vier ° Septique: i guess
- vier ° Septique: also you can go to the left crate
- vier ° Septique: and try to force their scout back a bit
- vier ° ell: it would give him the height advantage to spam the scout down, you could play rather defensively, just holding on the right, when the left scout is pushed down, and they jumpers come in, soldiers can swap, because the one on top is problaby low from demo fire and scout spam, while the "pocket" has been in cover, so he should be full
- vier ° ell: when the jupers come in, you and I can hold them off, hopefully
- vier ° ell: and should they land on the crate, the solly on top/crate that just jumed up with finnish them off as the are stopped by scout fire
- vier ° ell: this the typical scenario, other alternatives are that the scouts move onto our demo
- vier ° ell: another thought is if the demo can spare a sticky for the scout on left/right crate, that would tilt things in our advantage instantly
- vier ° Septique: yeah
- vier ° Septique: good points
- vier ° Septique: we need talk about this with the whole team
- vier ° ell: I understand that he needs to keep the enemy demo back, but it might be possible to trade some room for damaging that scout
- vier ° Septique: im just a scout
- vier ° ell: yea, it became pretty clear with the misconception with crow and how he couldn't get up, even though I thought it possible
- vier ° ell: there are limitations of the other classes that we are not quite as aware of
- vier ° Septique: mm
- vier ° ell: another thing that is usually forgotten is that there still a lot of free space to move about on the left flank, they move up close, just switch position, we could move up the combo all the way to the bridge room, its rather concealed, once the scout is gone from our crate there will be noone to know where our combo are, we could take the demo by surprise and hopefully avoid a lot of spam
- vier ° Septique: i played few times with former power gaming
- vier ° Septique: they played middles like that
- vier ° Septique: sollies move up the left flank
- vier ° ell: In a sense I'm not really the right guy to do this, I have like zero knowledge about how other teams play and pretty much nothing to take inspiration from. I allways minded my own business, as this was usually a role taken by core players on my teams
- vier ° ell: on the other hand, I'm not sure who is gonna do it
- vier ° ell: Anyway, I think the key thing to profit from here is to develop a "toolbox" for all possible scenarios
- vier ° ell: It's not allways going to play out the way we like, so we still need to stay reactive on the spot
- vier ° ell: And that was what we weren't in that last game, we couldn't adapt
- vier ° ell: I've experienced this before, a team coming from below and facing some resistence can't adapt, they have learned playing like following a recipe to a far big extent
- vier ° ell: I've never solved it with any team though :X
- vier ° ell: Another thing to note is that we don't have much time to learn how to beat spades, so I think that 3/4 - 3/2 of the time we should stick to doing what we do best, coutering aggressive with reactive rather than going aggressive ourselves.
- vier ° ell: And for my part, I need to stand my ground more
- vier ° ell: I backed out way to early
RAW Paste Data