a guest Aug 21st, 2019 76 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Donald Trump cancels visit to Denmark to discuss refugee policy
- The move by Trump comes as the president met with Danish Prime Minister Lars Lokke Rasmussen.
- Earlier, the US leader told Rasmussen he had "deep-rooted doubts" about the safety of the country's 350,000 Muslims, which led to the cancellation of the meeting.
- "I have the deepest doubts about Denmark's policy on immigrants and refugees," said Trump, who has previously accused Denmark of being "open-door" to people fleeing terrorism in Syria, Iraq and elsewhere.
- "Denmark sends people who have a different opinion to the US border and is not safe. You cannot have that," he added.
- Trump said the meeting was to discuss the refugee issue and the threat ISIS pose, but did not specify the topic.
- "I have serious doubts about Sweden, and about Germany because they're not taking their people," he added.
- Read more: Danish leader cancels meeting with US president Donald Trump amid concerns of terrorist threat
- According to an assessment by the Danish intelligence service
RAW Paste Data