Letter_of_Complaint_Mark Thompson Director general of BBC
Mar 10th, 2012
- Please feel free to Email/Post the following letter or one similar directly to Mark Thompson
- Director General of The BBC, to any or in fact all 3 of these address's let him know that Bias in the media causes bloodshed.
- Work Address: Mr Mark Thompson
- Director General of the BBC
- Broadcasting House
- Portland Place
- W1A 1AA
- Home Address: Mark Thompson
- 40, St Margarets Road
- OX2 6LD
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or here:
- BBC Switchboard: +4408455 191471
- Dear Mark Thompson,
- I am continually disappointed with the service that the BBC provides.
- To those that uphold the belief, which is also shared by the UN, that Israel's Occupation of Palestine is illegal, it is upsetting to witness time and again the biased way in which the BBC reports on these war crimes.
- I, like many others, was sickened by your refusal to air a charitable appeal on behalf of the citizens of Gaza in 2009, because you were worried about "reducing public confidence in the BBC's impartiality in its wider coverage of the story" . The Disasters Emergency Committee are indeed the very definition of impartiality and were basing their appeal on what every sane person can see, that the people of Gaza were in desperate need of help. I agree with Tony Benn that your refusal to air this appeal has more than likely directly resulted in the death of human beings. I find it difficult to buy in to your claims of so called impartiality.
- Your latest move to censor the word 'Palestine' from the sentence 'FREE PALESTINE' was also horrifically misguided and a deliberate attempt at misinformation, you cannot censor the name of a country, this is ridiculous and I'm sure you know it. To say that it was the context that the BBC has a problem with, that "implying Palestine is not free is contentious," does little more than clarify your obvious stance in the matter.
- Palestine is in fact not free, though the journalists in the employ of the BBC may have missed this, there is in fact a rather large wall there.
- Yours Sincerely
- #FreePalestine #OpFreePalestine #GazaUnderAttack #Gaza
Please, Sign In to add comment