SlashdotMedia - Fair processing notice
- Dear Site User,
- Fair processing notice - Data Protection Act 1998
- We are writing to let you know that with effect from 27 January 2016, the Slashdot Media business, which provides online services through various web sites including Slashdot.org and SourceForge.net (the "Slashdot Media Services") has been purchased by SourceForge Media LLC of 1660 Logan Avenue, San Diego, California, 92113, USA ("we" or "us").
- As a result your personal data have been transferred to us and will be used in connection with the continued provision of the Slashdot Media Services to you. Your personal data will continue to be processed fairly and lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 for the same purposes as those it was originally collected by Dice Career Solutions Inc and/or eFinancialCareers Limited including to:
- * continue to provide you with information (by electronic means or otherwise) about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already received or enquired about;
- * carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- * provide you with the information and services you request from us;
- * tell you about changes to the Slashdot Media Services; and
- * ensure that the content made available through the Slashdot Media Services is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.
- You can ask us to remove all your account data, stop processing your personal data and to stop contacting you for marketing purposes at any time.
- * For SourceForge.net, please contact us at email@example.com
- * For Slashdot, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- * For FreeCode, please contact us at email@example.com
- * For SlashdotMedia.com, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please let us know if you have any queries.
- Yours sincerely,
- Logan Abbott
- The team at SourceForge Media LLC