- From IRC then Paste bin:
- 1. What happened? TL;DR: We have legal problems. For details, see #9
- 2. Is this the same thing as with BG? BG's shutdown was pre-emptive. Trust me if I say that this one wasn't planned at all.
- 3. Does this mean UG is gone? No, we are not gone.
- 4. Is this related to you closing invites recently? This is what closing invites was supposed to prevent from happening.
- 5. How/when will we get to know more? irc://underground-gamer.com/#chat , we will release new information as it becomes available.
- 6. Is the user data safe? AFAIK no user data went anywhere. At least, no unencrypted data.
- 7. How are you sure it's safe? Scorched earth. Everything that COULD be wiped, was. Everything that could NOT be wiped was thoroughly encrypted.
- 8. Will UG be back? See #3. We can rebuild it. We have backups. We have the technology.
- 9. Further details? This is what is officially known:
- [2013-05-31 10:53:40] <RetroJaro> Maybe it's just "get rid of GOG games." or something.
- [2013-05-31 10:55:03] <lenk> Well, it's about games alright. But big publisher games. Like FIFA 98 and a few other well known ones virtually no one downloads.
- [2013-05-31 10:56:15] <lenk> That's what you get when you have organizations whose sole purpose is scoring points by taking down sites. They don't care about what they take down. They just do what they are paid for.
- [2013-05-31 10:57:49] <lenk> EA was just an example guys. Watchdogs represent much more than that.
- [2013-05-31 11:03:49] <lenk> Companies don't care about UG. Copyright watchdogs make it their job though.
RAW Paste Data