- SERBIA/CROATIA/HUNGARY UPDATE THURSDAY 12:00
- - Your help is still needed at Croatian/Serbian border at Bapska, near Šid. This is the crossing point for refugees at this moment - They are being transported here from the south of Serbia and has to wait until Croatian side takes them with the buses further - to transit camp in Opatovac (15 km), or with trains and buses to Hungarian border.
- - Now situation is calm, but more refugees are expected from south. Some volunteers and organizations left, so your help will be needed.
- - Food, water, blankets and sleeping bags are needed to help refugees overnight. Raincoats and large tarpaulins (and ropes) are needed to build large shelters, as this is more effective than individual tents.
- - Approach the site via Šid on Serbian side, but be prepared that road traffic could be closed.
- - Road crossing Tovarnik/Šid could be open or closed anytime, at 12:00 it is closed.
- - Entrance of the camp in Opatovac is served by several aid organizations and volunteers and situation is calm there.
- - help is coordinated by Jan Skalik, +420 607 185 686
- - You can see situation on border crossings Botovo, Zakany and Nickelsdorf/Hegyeshalom on this aerial drone video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3Rkvj7z6Yo
- - Your help could be used at these border points to deliver food and water to those who waits to be transported further. Detailed updates about situation in Austria in this FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/RefugeesNickelsdorfFlugdach/
- Other news:
- - Today is the day of major muslim holiday called Eid, it's importance could be compared to christian Christmas holiday. You can wish your muslim friends "Eid Mubarak" on this day.
- - There is still possibility to get supplies in Szeged at MigSzol warehouse at Gárdonyi utca 6. So if you are on the way via Hungary, you can go and pick up what will be needed. MigSzol unfortunately does not have any cars to drive the supplies down to Serbia/Croatia. Always contact coordinator before approaching Szeged: Szalai Balázs +36 20 229 6669 or Szőke - Tóth Ágnes +36 304 27 34 60.
- - Generally, Croatia is taking migrants to the border with Hungary, which then takes them by train and bus to the Austrian border, from where they continue their journey west. 10 000 refugees crossed Hungary on Wednesday, but Fence will be ready in a few days.
- - Border crossing Bajakovo on Highway closed for cars with Serbian license plates. This causes diplomatic quarrel between these two countries, instead of coordinated help...
- - When traveling to help, always take headlight, reflexion vest, good shoes, protective gloves and warm clothes. And be careful!
- - And, as you may know, there are many volunteers from the Czech Republic helping refugees around the Europe. On the other hand, our government voted against shared responsibility for refugee crisis today, along with Slovakia, Hungary and Romania. We have written a letter to Europe to show that not all Czechs are unwilling to help and to be part to Europe. I'll be happy if you can share our letter in your countries, to your media and to any who may be interested. Read more at http://www.deareurope.cz/en
- - NOTE: in case nothing major changes, there won't be regular evening update tonight.
SERBIA/CROATIA/HUNGARY UPDATE THURSDAY 12:00
michalberg Sep 24th, 2015 (edited) 439 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data