Nintendo Copyright Email
Sep 9th, 2015
- We wish to inform you that the videos in
- question infringe Nintendo's copyrights. As the owner of the copyright
- in the games: Mario Kart 8, Super Mario World, and Pokémon, Nintendo has
- the exclusive right to perform the games publicly or to make derivative
- works based on the games. By making a derivative work using Nintendo's
- IP, and then displaying Nintendo's IP on your YouTube channel, you have
- violated Nintendo's exclusive rights.
- Nintendo understands that its fans are the reason for its success, and
- we are always happy to see people share their passion for Nintendo's
- games. At the same time, Nintendo's intellectual property constitutes
- its most valuable assets, and the unauthorized use of these assets
- jeopardizes Nintendo's rights. Because of this, we ask that you please
- remove the video in question from your channel, and confirm that you
- will not post any videos using unauthorized software or copies of games,
- distribute or continue work on the modification, or take any other steps
- that would infringe Nintendo's rights.
- Nintendo encourages fan engagement on YouTube through the Nintendo
- Creators Program. Under the program, participants are granted a license
- to use Nintendo’s characters, games, and other intellectual property,
- subject to the Code of Conduct included with the agreement. However,
- please note that this Code of Conduct prohibits you, among other things,
- from posting any content using unauthorized software or copies of games.
- This includes videos featuring tool-assisted speedruns, which require
- making a copy of a game's ROM file, and running the copied ROM through
- an emulator. If you are interested in learning more about the Nintendo
- Creators Program, please see: https://r.ncp.nintendo.net/
- Thank you for your understanding.
- Nintendo Anti-Piracy Team
Please, Sign In to add comment