a guest Feb 5th, 2016 1,669 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Decompiled source code of Kairos Planets’ client software:
- Rentmodule.dll source code
- User “-” did some reverse engineering of Kairos klient app in Slovak forum about Kairos. His conclusions:
- – App itself is harmless.
- – It only pings Kairos server to count affiliate “online” time (for resources rental reward calculation)
- – it checks installed/bought modules
- – it gives access to affiliate’s backoffice and basic functions (like password change)
- – it downloads RentModule.dll and pass control to this module (possible backdoor, depending on RentModule.dll content)
- RentModule.dll does not seem to do anything really “smart”.
- First of all, a source code for RentModule.dll is much smaller than for KairosPlanet.exe main file. So we cannot expect anything sophisticated and robust.
- With some overhead, RentModule.dll does this:
- It looks for the rented package (Silver, Platinum…). Based on the package type, it creates a hidden file “_disc” with an adequate allocated size in folder “_WinApp” on the first available hardrive with a sufficient storage space. That’s all.
- The file “_disc” consumes a storage space of the user, but is not used by any other means. No sign of a distributed processing nor managing distributed storage space.
- Good luck in “beta testing” of this software for affiliates!
- If you open file _winApp/_disc (this supposed to be a container for Peer to Peer cloud data), you see it is absolutely empty (filled in with binary zeroes).
- It’s in tune with analysis of Kairos client software, which initialize this file to size according to bought “investment package type”, but does not use it any other way.
- It means one thing: promised distributed processing and cloud storage for Kairos’ corporate clients does not exist. It’s total fiction and fake. How it goes with Kairos mission statement?
RAW Paste Data