White Victims of Black Crime - 0826 - April Cherié Turner
- September 2, 1989
- Location: Gautier,MS
- Victim(s): April Cherié Turner 7
- Attacker(s): Henry Lee Harrison
- Description: April and a friend rode their bikes in Gautier,MS, down to the nearby convenience store. According to April’s friend, April went inside and, when she got back out and on her bike, Harrison chased her out of sight. April’s nude, mutilated body was found the next day in a wooded area close to the neighborhood where she lived, her bloody shirt knotted tightly around her neck.
- Upon examination by the forensic pathologist, it was found that April had sustained 36 stab wounds to her severely indented neck and throat. 6 more stabs wounds were found on her forehead, and one behind her left ear. There was extensive bruising of the head and face, and extensive abrasions over the back of the child’s body. Her genital area had been subject to a “massive penetrating tearing injury” so severe, nothing separated her vagina from her rectum.
- Archive.is Link(s):
- https://archive.is/uFsvL Case file for Harrison’s successful appeal of his conviction and death penalty 4-14-1994. This case file mentions the race of the victim and attacker. It also says that Harrison suffers from “life-long mental retardation” and “chronic paranoid schizophrenia”. “Execution is a disproportionate punishment in his case.”
- I can’t find any additional info after Harrison’s successful appeal 2-2018.
- https://archive.is/SOU2r April’s find a grave memorial. Note:Court documents list her name as April Sherry Turner.
- https://archive.li/kkuqK Turner surname info Ancestry.com.
- https://archive.li/ou8tw Turner surname wikipedia entry.
- https://archive.li/sFMwi Turner surname info house of names.
- https://archive.li/uK6xG Turner surname info surname database.
RAW Paste Data Copied