Game Theory (study of field), Pokemon, AI, Game Design links
luckytyphlosion Jun 6th, 2019 42 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- == Game Theory Resources ==
- Introductory online video course on Game Theory
- Theoretical analysis of Game Theory with solutions and approximations to finding nash equilibria, as well as discussion on Recursive and Stochastic games
- Recursive Game: Game which certain combinations of pure strategies involve playing another Game
- Stochastic Game: Game which certain combinations of pure strategies involve playing any one of multiple Games (or direct payoffs) with the played Game determined by chance
- == Game Theory and Pokémon ==
- Some misc smogon threads relating to theoretical Pokémon
- Blog posts on the math behind Competitive Pokémon:
- Bulbagarden blogs on applying Game Theory to Pokémon
- Response to the first Bulbagarden blog (..._Game_theory)
- == AI Resources (note: looking for these was done pretty lazily and I didn't really look at these too much, YMMV) ==
- Pokemon Showdown Minimax AI:
- Technical Machine: A Pokemon bot:
- Pokemon Showdown AI Bot
- Paper: Optimal Battle Strategy in Pokemon using Reinforcement Learning
- Not sure what this is:
- https://github.com/pokeml/pokemon-agents/ - "A collection Pokémon battle agents"
- https://github.com/pokeml/pokemon-env - "A NodeJS environment for developing Pokémon battle agents"
- Is it possible to develop an AI that can play competitive pokemon well?:
- Pokemon Showdown - AI/Bot Client Platform
- The Game Theory of Pokemon: AI implementing Nash Equilibrium (holy fuck I need the rest of this paper)
- Gotta Code'em all! Machine Learning in Pokemon.
- https://realworldcoding.io/machine-learning-in-pokemon-db32dcd96f33 (link dead, mirror: http://archive.is/DcJSw)
- == Articles/posts/blogs related to the game design aspect of Pokémon ==
- Pokemon's single-player battles are aging poorly
- Overstuffed: Back to the daily grind
- Articles by Sirlin on Yomi (game)
- Pokémon, I love you but you're a terrible game. (Has good points against "output random apologists")
- A response to a reddit post titled "An idea I have to fix the RNG of Pokemon stats without sacrificing the rewarding feeling of hard work"
- RANDOMNESS AND GAME DESIGN
- Richard Garfield - "Luck in Games" talk at ITU Copenhagen
RAW Paste Data