EmpathyHeals Aug 19th, 2018 14 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Re: Delete a group from your Computers and Contacts using API - Script not working
- Hello Empathy,
- Thank you for your message.
- This script will not delete the group "Unknown" from the Management Console, that is because that group can't be deleted.
- It's a default group for the connection reports for the machines you connect to, but are not part of your contacts list.
- For that group to go away, you will need to select the group, then click on the "Connection reports" tab from that group and delete all reports. Once all reports are deleted, the Management Console will update slowly and remove contacts until the group goes hidden because is empty.
- If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us back.
- Best Regards,
- Senior Customer Support Engineer
- I am writing in regards to the post to Delete a group from your Computers and Contacts using API: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Delete-a-group-from-your-Computers-and-Contacts-using-API/ta-p/2845
- I went through all the steps to run this script only to encounter the same error as when I first started, and the reason I thought this script was developed to bypass in the first pace, which is to state that the group isn't empty and can't be deleted until it is.
- As I have over 300 contacts in my Unknown group that I would like to get rid of, like many in the community I want to know how to remove these in bulk. Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong because I thought this script was meant to do the job of removing groups even though they have contacts in them.
- Thank you!
RAW Paste Data