- <tackat> the problem with this patch is mostly
- <tackat> that there isn't really a solution that will play nice with the rest of the code
- <tackat> but we need the solution that is least invasive
- <tackat> from what I get we have several options
- <tackat> another option would be to reuse the same widget instead of stacking
- <tackat> of course that would require to somehow restore the previous state when switching back - I don't know how feasible it is
- <tackat> it might be the option though that is more elegant
- <tackat> we have another problem:
- <tackat> if we want to print at high resolution
- <tackat> ideally we'd like to turn on a higher geometry for the widget behind the user's back
- <tackat> print that and get back to the previous "session"
- <tackat> could this code be reused for this use case?
- <pgabor> In this code I store everything what is used in one session in a HistoryElement
- <pgabor> and
- <pgabor> this means you can do almost everything with it, it just not rendered for the user, and does not interact with the UI.
- <pgabor> So you can create a copy of the current session
- <pgabor> Do what you have to do
- <pgabor> Then destroy it (or keep it, and when next needed just update it)
- <pgabor> If I understood correctly what you want
- <tackat> yep that's exactly what we need
- <tackat> You know being able to reuse code for different use cases
a guest Sep 18th, 2014 5 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data