a guest Jul 12th, 2018 72 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- -How did I start collecting?
- My passion for collecting sort of started before I was born.
- My grandmother collected birds.
- Glass, wood, ceramic...if a bird existed, she probably had it.
- Then, my Mom collected dragons...same story.
- Growing up and watching them collect these things inspired me to do the same.
- I started, as many kids do...with comics, posters and action figures.
- Being a late-70s kid, I had a lot of awesome stuff to choose from in the 80s...and I had a ton of it.
- Sadly, that collection was sold off, as I tried to pretend I was "all grown up", at 16, and didn't need those silly toys and stuff, anymore.
- Fast forward to my early 20s, and I realized how clueless I was at 16, and began collecting, again.
- Mostly action figures and statues, but also vinyl albums and posters.
- It was not meant to be, though, because just before I turned 30, an electrical fire happened that wiped that collection out.
- However, not to be driven down by fate, I continued to rebuild the collection, when I moved across country, at 35.
- So, everything I currently have is less than a decade old, as far as my ownership, but I love it all!
- -What do I look for in a collectible item?
- Honestly, I just have to like it.
- I am not a strictly high-end collector, and I don't discriminate, based on scale, brand, or any of the other standard criteria.
- I love Deadpool and Batman, so I collect pretty much anything I see relating to those 2 characters, that moves me at the time.
- I love monsters, so I will collect any size or shape of monsters that I find interesting.
- I love owls, so I tend to pick those up, whenever I see one that I love.
- -What makes my collection unique?
- Well, honestly...nothing, really.
- Many people have most of the same things I have.
- I do have a few custom pieces that are one-of-a-kind, but then so do many other collectors.
- I think collecting should begin as a very personal thing.
- I never thought about collecting for resale value, or status...I simply do it because I love the things I love, and those physical representations make me happy.
- If anything makes my collection unique, it's just the fact that it's MINE. :D
- -If I didn't have to sleep, what would I do with the extra time?
- Heh, I am not much of a sleeper, as it is.
- I have some insomnia issues, and my brain is always on.
- I generally draw a lot, in my free time, as well as various internetting tasks...so probably just more of that.
RAW Paste Data