- THE CISPA BLACKOUT -- A Message from Your Anon News:
- On Monday, April 22, we are asking you to dedicate at least a portion of your day to help us fight CISPA.
- What is CISPA, you may ask...
- CISPA, or the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act, is a law that would allow the government to extract your private information from the internet without a warrant. It's the online equivalent of allowing a police officer to enter your home and start rummaging through your personal files without the permission of a court. The politicians who introduced this law pretend it will protect you but what it really does is circumvent your Fourth Amendment rights. CISPA also prevents you from suing companies when they illegally use your information.
- Luckily there are numerous privacy advocates out there already fighting against CISPA such as the Internet Defense League, Fight for the Future, and the Electronic Frontier Foundation. Now it's time for us to do our part.
- Anonymous has asked numerous companies to participate in an internet blackout on Monday, April 22. But, regardless of what these companies choose to do, individuals like ourselves can still help spread awareness of this threat. Below is a link to an image that promotes the hashtag #StopCISPA on Twitter. Make it your profile image all day Monday. Leave it up as long as you want.
- #StopCISPA Profile Picture: http://i.imgur.com/Vr8XQQp.png
- It may not be as effective or possible for you to stop talking all day, so we've provided some information below so that you can help get the word out instead:
- If CISPA becomes law, the government can spy on you without a warrant: https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2013/02/cispa-government-access-loophole #StopCISPA
- If CISPA becomes law, when the gov't downloads your private information, you'll never even know: http://sunlightfoundation.com/blog/2012/04/13/cispa-is-terrible-for-transparency/ #StopCISPA
- If CISPA becomes law, it makes it so companies can’t be sued when they do illegal things with your data: https://www.eff.org/cybersecurity-bill-faq#company #StopCISPA
- Remember, there are more of us than there are of them. If we stick together we can stop CISPA once and for all.
- - Your Anon News
YAN: CISPA Blackout: April 22
a guest Apr 20th, 2013 25,469 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data