- SERBIA/CROATIA/SLOVENIA 2/11/2015 Monday 23:30 evening
- Ferry boat workers announced strike on Monday and Tuesday in Greece which may affect the number of refugees in Serbia/Croatia/Slovenia in the following days.
- Follow http://www.refugeemap.com for detailed info.
- I will be posting updates in the next few days together with Dalimil Petrilak (https://www.facebook.com/dalimil.petrilak), please let us know all the key information from the field.
- General note: Biggest change - SLAVONSKI BROD will be probably opened on Tuesday morning.
- BERKASOVO/BAPSKA (Serbian side) - Berkasovo/Bapska closed around 23:00, no buses till morning. In morning, trains should start going from Šid to Slavonski Brod. Czech team has the situation under control, about 150 tents for families ready and informants at the Šid train station. We will know more in the morning. During the day steady flow of people (approximately 9000/24hrs), crowds of 2000 during the day, situation better around 21:00 (500 people). No apocalypse happening, wait with donations till the morning, nobody is sure what exactly will happen. Contact number +381 649 366 029.
- SLAVONSKI BROD - all seems to be going to opening the camp on Tuesday morning. No access without registration through Red Cross, also donations must be valided by RC. Slavonski Bord volunteer house - contact Ante nr. 00385919895160.
- OPATOVAC - More than 7000 came through during the day. Almost 3000 refugees reported there in the evening, but they spend in the camp just few hours, transported to Tovarnik and by train from there. Supplies, especially shoes (size 39-45), socks and children & men jackets needes. The camp will probably be empty during this week, we will keep you updated. Contact: Michael (IHA clothes tent) 0043 699 1268 2811
- PRESEVO - MONEY needed! Even more refugees than in the previous days have arrived, queues up to 5 hours, but situation stable and under control at the moment. Police not very cooperating and confused. The nights are very cold, temeperature drops to zero. Boots, socks, raincoats, jackets, blankets needed. Financial help needed to arrange the food for refugees (700 euros spent daily). If the weather changes, volunteers will be needed to manage 24/7 service (shorter shifts in the cold weather).
- Contact Xhelal Hasani from the Center of Solidarity and Advancement Tel. +381 633 74 034, firstname.lastname@example.org or use general contact number for volunteers +381 642 653 479 if you want to help there.
- DIMITROVGRAD - Refugees: 200-400 per day. Needs: shoes, jackets, gloves, hats, socks. Medical help would be appreciated. Contact: Nerissa +381 642 18 7291. No volunteers needed now, accreditation very difficult, but if you have time to spend week or two there, your help may be useful.
- BEOGRAD - Refugees taken to a camp with hot meals and shower to rest, after that transported to Berkasovo by bus. At "Miksaliste" Volunteers are still needed, despite it's not so sexy as direct field volunteering. Join us distributing clothing, shoes, food and hygienic items and creating a welcoming atmosphere for the stop-over in Belgrade. We're still accepting and also redistributing donations to border points, which requires help in sorting and packing. Find out more and please register at Volunteer Spot http://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/4179297180119 to see what is needed there and to sign up for timeslots.
- BREZICE, DOBOVA - Approximately 500 refugees at Dobova 2 reported in the evening, and Dobova 1 and Brežice is empty. No help needed here at the moment.
- VRHNIKA - group of 500 refugees there but volunteers prepared to help them.
- LENDAVA - few hundred refugees, situation calm and OK.
- SPIELFELD/SENTILJ - Camps on both sides of the border are busy, but controlled. No refugees in the no-mans land at the moment, volunteers welcome, but only have access if registered with the Red Cross (Team Österreich)
- https://www.teamoesterreich.at/cv/tomReg.jsf - See timetable to register for a shift here: https://helfen.st.roteskreuz.at/
- If you want to help in the no-man's land, you can enter from the Slovenian side, but dont forget not to argue with police and military.
- Waiting time is reduced thanks to better organisation on the Austrian side (more lines to enter the country were added and hence less crowd control problems). For donations, please check this FB site: https://www.facebook.com/RefugeesSpielfeld/
- OTHER NEWS
- - If you have enough time and sources to travel to Lesvos, Greece, where situation is more desperate, do that. Volunteers are saving lives from sea, but many desperate scenes including those refugees, who were not lucky enough and drowned in the sea. Read this volunteering guide to Lesvos: http://bit.ly/lesvolunteer. Czech group of volunteers is preparing to help there as well, more information here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1077236385642577/
- - Situation in Macedonia is somehow stabilized, official NGO's helping. Independent volunteers NOT able to help, accreditation with official NGO necessary! (7 000 - 9 000 refugees crossing border from Greece daily)
- - There is still possibility to get supplies in Szeged at MigSzol warehouse at Gárdonyi utca 6. So if you are on the way via Hungary, you can go and pick up what will be needed. MigSzol unfortunately does not have any cars to drive the supplies down to Serbia/Croatia. Always contact coordinator before approaching Szeged: Szalai Balázs +36 20 229 6669 or Szőke - Tóth Ágnes +36 304 27 34 60.
- - Large amounts of supplies could be picked up also in Zagreb, please call Lejla +385 91 456 77 05 if you are able to bring any supplies from Zagreb to any of the borders.
- - Supplies which are needed almost at all places: warm and/or waterproof clothing (jackets, pullovers), blankets, shoes, hats, gloves, socks, dry and canned food, fruit; food for babies and milk. Generally, anything what could make them at least little bit warm and help them of hunger.
- - Also SIM cards for those who has to wait would be great so they can contact their relatives.
- - and don't forget to act: http://www.europeact.eu
SERBIA/CROATIA/SLOVENIA 2/11/2015 Monday 23:30 evening
michalberg Nov 2nd, 2015 512 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data