One-Pan chicken and Imperial Rice
a guest Feb 24th, 2016 9 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- One-Pan chicken and Imperial Rice
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- 1 (10 oz) bag seasoning blend (frozen) - diced onions, celery, bell peppers
- 1 cup frozen peas + carrots
- 1 cup shredded mexican-blend cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (10 oz) package yellow rice mix
- 1 (32 oz) box no-salt-added chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Bring chicken stock to a boil in large pot. Season chicken with 1 tsp cumin; add to stock. Reduce heat to med-low; cover and simmer about 15 minutes. Remove chicken. Pour out and measure 2 1/2 cups of stock and return to pot. Discard remaining stock. Reduce heat to low; stir in rice mix, oil, and seasoning blend. Cover and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Meanwhile, shred chicken. Stir chicken into rice during last 2 minutes of cook time. Remove rice from heat and fluff with fork. Combine in a separate container: cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, and remaining 1 tsp cumin. Add to rice. Add peas + carrots. Cover and let stand about 5 minutes.
RAW Paste Data