BALKAN ROUTE WEEKLY (week 1)
We have changed our updates to weekly frequency, because most of the locations are being served by established groups of volunteers and/or NGOs and this makes daily updates less important.
However, this does not mean your help is not needed on the Balkan route. We suggest all volunteers who are willing to help to choose the destination according to your abilities and time you are able to invest, and contact local coordinators to get all details you need about the situation and process your registration where needed.
- very cold weather throughout Balkans including Greece, snowy conditions, warm clothes welcome on most places
- newly updated rules in Slavonski Brod camp (Croatia) - volunteers needed!
- new volunteers needed in Dimitrovgrad since 12th January (Serbia)
- volunteers needed also in Beograd again
Your team: Michal, Dalimil and Martin.
Information on the number of migrants (daily and monthly reports):
- Mediterranean - http://data.unhcr.org/mediterranean/regional.php
- Greece - http://data.unhcr.org/mediterranean/country.php?id=83 or http://reliefweb.int/country/grc
- Croatia - http://www.mup.hr/main.aspx?id=219696
- Slovenia - http://www.policija.si/eng/
Daily general updates about the development of the situation can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/areyousyrious
general Greece information on twitter: https://twitter.com/christl_vd_post
General volunteering info: http://bit.ly/lesvolunteer
Short term volunteering info: http://jdem.cz/buwva7
Candidate volunteers (for a period of min. 2 weeks) must apply directly by Felicity - email@example.com
Czech volunteers: contact Zdenka on FB https://www.facebook.com/zdejsem
Facebook info: https://www.facebook.com/volunteerslesvos/ and https://www.facebook.com/groups/volunteers.coordination/
Contact for donations: Fred Morlet +30 694 900 1568 / https://www.facebook.com/fred.morlet.1?
General info in this Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/563797890439248/
For volunteering here, please contact Moritz Reitschuster on https://www.facebook.com/moritz.reitschuster or at +306 947 848 772
Volunteer information pack: http://jdem.cz/bu33z5
Updates and donation needs in this Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/460007497517533/ or page https://www.facebook.com/unitedaidsolidarity/
For volunteering, contact Chantelle Burton on FB https://www.facebook.com/chantelle.burton
Volunteering information pack for Athens: http://jdem.cz/bu3344
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/204202716585823/
- Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/help.mk.refugees/
It is very difficult to volunteer in Macedonia (Tabanovce and Gevgelija), procedures are not easy to be completed. You should contact the Macedonian NGO Legis concerning more information about registration, as foreign volunteers must have contact with a Macedonian NGO: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact person is Manuela - +381 628 997 837 (unconfirmed status)
- UVP - United Volunteers of Preševo - Tel. +381 621 499 561, https://www.facebook.com/unitedvolunteersinpresevo/?fref=ts
- Asylum Protection Center - http://fb.com/abdulla.ahmedi, email@example.com & tel. +381 638 940 986
- IHO - I am Human Organisation, will be accepting new volunteers from 12th January. If you want to join them, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- other contacts: https://www.facebook.com/imhumanIHO/, https://www.facebook.com/groups/1503356883322790/?fref=ts,
- Coordinator on site is M Tarek Muhrat: +381 62 895 45 77, https://www.facebook.com/floyd477?fref=ts
- Info Park team: works inside the campis seeking for new members to join. If you can commit minimum 4 weeks of time to work there (with free days to travel home if you like) on our mission to inform and protect the refugees on the frontline, please write to email@example.com
- volunteers please register at Volunteer spot http://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/4179297180119
- contact: https://www.facebook.com/RefugeeAidMiksaliste/ or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Asylum Protection Center - Rados Djurovic: +381637047080; email@example.com
- Míša - +381 621 572 532 (https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010574654203)
- Katja - +381 644 770 184
- Pro české dobrovolníky - koordinace výjezdů na http://uprchlici.respublica.cz
- SLAVONSKI BROD:
- 1 day ahead notice for 24-hour volunteers, 5 days ahead for long-term volunteers required. Please provide passport copy, short resume (CV) and photo, to get an accreditation to work in the camp. Do not go to the camp on your own! This causes a lot of problems.
- contact Maja Znika: firstname.lastname@example.org, +385-99-5021-926, Gabriela Banić (group leader - https://www.facebook.com/gabriela.banic)
- https://www.facebook.com/Slovenskafilantropija, +386 143 012 88, http://www.filantropija.org/pomoc-na-terenu/
- team of doctors from Slovakia (till February) - Katarina Zoellerová - FB: https://www.facebook.com/katarina.zollerova?fref=ts
- Team Oesterreich - general contact - https://www.teamoesterreich.at/cv/tomReg.jsf
- SUPPLIES IN SZEGED: Warehouse of MigSzol Szeged is still full of food, non-food and hygiene goods. You can pick up anything when travelling to Serbia/Macedonia and elswehere. Contact coordinators Szalai Balázs +36 20 229 6669 or Szőke - Tóth Ágnes +36 304 27 34 60.
- and don't forget to act: http://www.europeact.eu