a guest Dec 7th, 2017 52 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- AS promised here is the feedback from the top 10 issues you have raised, you are more than welcome to discuss any of the topics in this thread and I'll be happy to answer your questions.
- This response has been written, but we are awaiting of some information being made public before we can post it. This should happen this week.
- Where ever possible we like to tackle scamming and hijacking using content updates or back end system changes. The problem with most types of scams is that it relies on individuals being convinced to hand over large amounts of cash or items without a return in the same trade. Needless to say, this is something which is very difficult to counteract. Nevertheless we are always looking at scams and what we can do to stop them as source.
- The same goes for hijacking too, we have a hijacking team that track down and take out the hijackers, we often report hijackers to the police so the law can deal with them. The last thing we are is soft on hijacking. Any update we can make to keep your accounts more secure is made and the ICU team deals with your account issues 24 hours a day.
- Over the last 10 years the MMOG market has grown massively. More and more games are released every year which has congested the market and made it much more competitive. It’s common place for other games to offer small incentives to build their community size, and so it was a natural evolution for us to do similar activity.
- Jagex and RuneScape have always enjoyed huge success and marketing campaigns such as the katana, refer a friend and loyalty points are methods to help build on that success.
- The revenue generated by these campaigns will always be ploughed back into Jagex to allow us to make more and better games and updates, so all players benefit, regardless of whether they participate in the individual initiatives or not.
- I think the biggest issue is that some people are concerned about a move to micro-transactions. We know the community has strong views on this, and I am happy to confirm that there are currently no plans to move towards a micro-transaction model for RuneScape.
- It’s also worth mentioning that our Marketing team carefully consider all promotions before they are introduced, and they are always mindful of balancing the benefit to the company with the overall feeling of the long-standing community.
- Feedback on ideas
- Over the last couple of weeks Emilee and I have been working on a process to get the feedback about your ideas to you. Every Wednesday your ideas are passed on to the developers via Emilee and by the end of the week we should have a system in place to monitor the feedback flowing back to you. Needless to say, we can’t give feedback on everything, but we will give as much as we can. All the CM team are involved in providing feedback to Emilee, and we are currently planning a way to make this process even more transparent as we are aware that it can feel like we are not doing anything about your feedback at times.
- J-Mods Communicating
- This is something which is being stepped up and you should have seen a few new names in the forums. This will increase over the coming months and I will be monitoring the amount of J-Mods posting in the High Level Forums to ensure this keeps increasing.
- Trolls on the High Level Forums
- A new rule set for the high level forums will be hitting us soon which will deal with the trollish behaviour. The rule set is currently with our legal team and we'll hope to have it out within a couple of weeks.
- Random Events
- This is something that is in discussion, as I get more information on it, I’ll let you know.
- Bank space
- More bank space is coming…. Watch this space…. Well don’t, watch your bank.
RAW Paste Data