- BALKAN ROUTE UPDATE 24/11/2015 Tuesday 23:00
- - After a few calm days, influx of new refugees to Lesvos and other greek islands surged today again and more than 1700 people arrived from Turkey.
- - Government of Sweden decided to apply more strict measures of accepting refugees because capacities of the country are over the edge, more than 180 000 refugees arrived to Sweden this year. Sweden is really sorry that other countries aren't helpful.
- - Archive of the updates: http://pastebin.com/u/michalberg
- - Idomeni: Some people returned back to Athens as only Syrians, Afghans and Iraqis are allowed to enter Macedonia, but several hundreds still at the borders. UNHCR and other NGOs on site providing help.
- - Lesvos and other islands: More than 1700 people arrived to Greek islands today. Volunteering and donation info: http://bit.ly/lesvolunteer
- - Gevgelija: Local activists are constantly asking for donation of crutches and wheelchairs for the refugees who are disabled and/or injured. If you can help with donations, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- - Miratovac: Still occasional problems with taxi mafia. German team is asking for 5 volunteers, please contact German team with Kaufmann Manuela +381 628 99 78 38. Shoes and rain gear would be much appreciated. If someone wants to arrange for donations to be brought to Serbia, there are regulations to go through customs. Xhelal has the possibility to help with the way of arranging it - Xhelal Hasani Tel. +381 633 74 034, email@example.com
- - Preševo: Cold and rainy weather. No need for volunteers at this moment, as no entry to the transit camp is granted to volunteers, but locals are working on it. Volunteers are still lacking warm clothes to hand out and money for purchasing food. If you can donate, please contact United Volunteers of Preševo, Tel. +381 62 1499 561
- - Dimitrovgrad: Hot meals are provided, but local team still asks for socks, gloves, scarves, caps and blankets. Volunteers are also needed, please contact Tarek: +381 62 895 45 77
- - Beograd: Clothing, hot tea, soup and toiletry distribution for folks stranded in Belgrade continues at Miksaliste. To help there, please use Volunteer sport http://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/4179297180119 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- - Šid/Adaševci: Czech volunteer team helps in Adaševci in two shifts (16-24h, 0-8h), we give information, hand out water and some basic clothes too. Situation is stable there. Socks, scarfs, large plastic bags and tapes welcomed, no volunteers needed, Czech team handles it internally, only few of people needed to cover everything here.
- - Slavonski Brod: 3150 people entered Croatia, but Slavonski Brod hosts only 10 people right now. Volunteers welcome - accreditation required and more in-depth security checks especially for foreign volunteers in place now - contact Maja Znika on FB or number below before you come (waiting time cca 48hrs)! Contact: +385-99-5021-926.
- What is needed here:
- 1) shoes & socks (39-44), especially men's.
- 2) aids for the age- and movement-impaired: incontinence pads, wheelchairs.
- 3) aids for baby transportation: baby carriages, baby carriers.
- 4) warm cold weather gear: caps, shawlf, gloves + some jackets (though not as much).
- - Sentilj: 4161 people entered Slovenia today, but most of them left to Austria and Sentilj camp is almost empty. Donations of winter clothes and shoes are also very welcomed. Accreditation is obligatory to help with Slovenska Filantropia so please send your full name, date of birth, nationality and address of residency to email@example.com. For other info please contact +386 41 654 726.
- - Dobova: camp hosts about 500 people tonight. Hungarian team SOS Bamako is in need only of medical staff there: doctors and nurses, medical students. Contact Petra Szabo via FB: https://www.facebook.com/szabopetra
- - Spielfeld: Volunteers welcome in Spielfeld, but only have access if registered with the Red Cross (Team Österreich) https://www.teamoesterreich.at/cv/tomReg.jsf - See timetable to register for a shift here: https://helfen.st.roteskreuz.at/. For donations, please check this FB site: https://www.facebook.com/RefugeesSpielfeld/
- OTHER NEWS
- - New data from unhcr.org: 101 000 people came to Greece 1.11. to 20.11., average 5000 daily, last days dropping to 4000 daily. Syrians 54 000, Afghanis 25 000, Iraqis 8500. From 1.11. to 20.11. 13 000 came from other countries - out of which 3700 Pakistan, less than 500 Somalia.
- - Please note, that almost all volunteers spots requires a REGISTRATION OF VOLUNTEERS (usually 48 hours in advance) now and so we strongly suggest to contact local coordinator or contact person in advance to comply with these requirements and to avoid being turned away on the site.
- - SUPPLIES IN SZEGED: Warehouse of MigSzol Szeged is still full of food, non-food and hygiene goods. You can pick up anything when travelling to Serbia/Macedonia and elswehere. Contact coordinators Szalai Balázs +36 20 229 6669 or Szőke - Tóth Ágnes +36 304 27 34 60.
- - Large amounts of supplies could be picked up also in Zagreb, please call Lejla +385 91 456 77 05 if you are able to bring any supplies from Zagreb to any of the borders.
- - and don't forget to act: http://www.europeact.eu
BALKAN ROUTE UPDATE 24/11/2015 Tuesday 23:00
michalberg Nov 24th, 2015 (edited) 835 Never
RAW Paste Data